Immigration Ban

Read the story.

Quite simply, if this doesn't disturb you to your core, you should be ashamed to call yourself an American. Dumb, senseless murders happen all the time. But the way this one was perpetrated that is vile and disgusting.

I'll anxiously await a statement from our dear leader. I'd like to see how much he cares about these women.

• Fire 2

Going to the Supreme Court.

God, I hope they strike it down too. What a kick in the nuts that would be!

(not holding my breath though)

To any legal minds, what's the point? Are they just looking for a precedent to be set, or just wasting time because of pride? The time frames outlined in the original ban have mostly come and gone, the vetting changes should have already taken place. Right?

A responsible Supreme Court should ask questions like:

Why do you need this?

Why has the original time frame for this ban lapsed and you're still asking for it?

What steps have you taken in the intervening months since you first proposed this to fix the problem you're alleging we have?

If you haven't been working on those problems, why not?

If we implement this ban, what safeguards are in place to ensure that it is not abused?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/supct/rule_10

The Supreme Court grants cert for compelling reasons and I don't think "hot topic" is one of them. Any administration could create arbitrarily hot topics. For example, they can do something as outrageous as try to implement a Muslim ban.

I don't know the kind of legal ground the administration is on, of course, but hasn't this been struck down decisively at every turn so far?

EDIT -- ah, probably better coverage here: http://www.scotusblog.com/2017/06/friday-round-up-372/#more-256329