Immigration Ban

Is there a source showing how this was communicated to him?

If it is true... I know he's already been through a great, great deal more than any person should have to experience, but I would urge him not to change his plans. If he is bared entry to his country he will bring this issue all the attention it needs and deserves.

• Fire 1

I wonder if judges can consider intent if this one is looked at too.

'Cause the intent is obvious.

No doubt, the Court will consider intent. The first Muslim Ban was so unconstitutional, it was struck down on other grounds (Due Process) before ruling on the intent.

The States argue that the Executive Order violates the Establishment and Equal Protection Clauses because it was intended to disfavor Muslims. In support of this argument, the States have offered evidence of numerous statements by the President about his intent to implement a “Muslim ban” as well as evidence they claim suggests that the Executive Order was intended to be that ban, including sections 5(b) and 5(e) of the Order. It is well established that evidence of purpose beyond the face of the challenged law may be considered in evaluating Establishment and Equal Protection Clause claims. See, e.g., Church of the Lukumi Babalu Aye, Inc. v. City of Hialeah, 508 U.S. 520, 534 (1993).

The States’ claims raise serious allegations and present significant constitutional questions. In light of the sensitive interests involved, the pace of the current emergency proceedings, and our conclusion that the Government has not met its burden of showing likelihood of success on appeal on its arguments with respect to the due process claim, we reserve consideration of these claims until the merits of this appeal have been fully briefed.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2017/02/09/17-35105.pdf

It's important to put a face on this. Makes me think back to the dirt covered Syrian child bleeding from the head strapped into a chair that made such headlines a few months back, Q.

And now, on his OTHER immigration crackdown... to think at one point I was happy with Kelly appointed to lead DHS:

Honestly, I think at this point this is all about Trump and how he has handled himself and communication.

We should be able to ban people from a country coming from coming in if we feel there is a threat.

HOWEVER, based on how Trump has handled himself and what he has said over the last 12-18 months, he has set himself up for major fights on issues like this.

When a President proclaims that he is going to "ban all Muslims" and then spend the next year or so talking about how tough he is going to be on people and if they don't like it...tough.....well....there is going to be major push back and fights. In general, the public doesn't sit and take being talked to like that very well.

• Fire 1