What ever happened to

I remember in 2011 when everyone had an opinion whether Braylon Heard, Aaron Green or Ameer Abdullah would be the best successor to Rex Burkhead.

It wasn't an obvious choice. Nobody had distinguished himself yet.

I'd say our current threesome of Ozigbo, Wilbon & Bryant is comparable, possibly better, even if one doesn't reach Ameer status. Let's see who gets the lions share of Newby's carries.

• Fire 1

I remember in 2011 when everyone had an opinion whether Braylon Heard, Aaron Green or Ameer Abdullah would be the best successor to Rex Burkhead.

I'd say our current threesome of Ozigbo, Wilbon & Bryant is comparable, possibly better, even if one doesn't reach Ameer status. Let's see who gets the lions share of Newby's carries.

Drinking early today?

I'm not a huge fan of any of the backs, maybe Bryant, but that's about it. It really won't matter too much since NU is going to throw the ball so much next year and beyond.

Drinking early today?

Do you remember how many people said Ameer Abdullah was going to be a total beast based on his 42 carries and 3.6 yard average in 2011?

Would you trade an Ozigbo, Wilbon or Bryant straight up for Heard or Green right now?

Cheers!

• Fire 1

Drinking early today?

Do you remember how many people said Ameer Abdullah was going to be a total beast based on his 42 carries and 3.6 yard average in 2011?

Would you trade an Ozigbo, Wilbon or Bryant straight up for Heard or Green right now?

Cheers!

In a heartbeat

I'm not a huge fan of any of the backs, maybe Bryant, but that's about it. It really won't matter too much since NU is going to throw the ball so much next year and beyond.

It matters quite a lot. Keeping teams honest is what will allow us success both through the air and on the ground.

Bryant shows the most potential IMO, but Ozigbo is the likely bulk carrier and rightfully so. Also, the RB's will play a role in receiving short yard passes, so again it matters quite a bit.

It matters quite a lot. Keeping teams honest is what will allow us success both through the air and on the ground.

Bryant shows the most potential IMO, but Ozigbo is the likely bulk carrier and rightfully so. Also, the RB's will play a role in receiving short yard passes, so again it matters quite a bit.

Watching the pregame warmups before the bowl game, Ozigbo was one of the few that "looked" physical enough to be on a SEC roster......

I've been hoping for Ozigbo to take the reigns one day. And he has multiple times, just hasn't kept them. I would say he is the favorite to be the workhorse for 2017, has that look and drive to him.

I've liked him a lot since Riley's first season and had pretty high hopes for him in 2016 after the Foster Farms Bowl. What I'll be really interested to see is how Mikale Wilbon and Tre Bryant fit into the mix. I think many would agree Bryant has some of those natural skills that could make him really special, but Wilbon has been biding his time for awhile and could be poised to finally break out of the shell a bit.