Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps the issue that some of you are having with the QB checking down is that you haven't seen a QB go through progressions in about 9 years.

To be fair, it wasn't exactly Ganz's strength either. I'd almost go back to Zac Taylor.

Best checkdown play of the last...maybe 20 years:

• Fire 6

Perhaps the issue that some of you are having with the QB checking down is that you haven't seen a QB go through progressions in about 9 years.

To be fair, it wasn't exactly Ganz's strength either. I'd almost go back to Zac Taylor.

but TMagic was awful :dunno

For those scoring at home:

Brady played in 12 regular season games and threw 436 passes. That's about 36 per game. He targeted RB's an average of 9-10 times in a game.

That is also part of their system. James White and Dion Lewis are RB/WR and are a matchup nightmare for LB's. How do those stats treat RB targets out of empty? Many times they used the RB lined up as a WR. Would that count as a RB or WR target?

Checking down is not a bad thing. You cant go broke making a profit.

That's honestly my favorite play of the Callahan/Pelini eras. Right in front of Lucky's TD pass to Swift against Texas in '06.

Nice hearing comments like this from a DB.

LINK

2. Husker cornerback Eric Lee has noticed the windows have gotten smaller.

That is, the windows the QBs are fitting throws into. Tanner Lee and Patrick O'Brien have both already made some plays this spring that have caught his attention.

"Definitely. On the field, and even when I'm off the field, you kind of see a couple throws where I'm, 'I don't know how they fit that in,'" Eric Lee said.

That's a good sign regarding the quarterbacks. It's also good practice for a cornerback like Lee.

"Having that quarterback that stays in the pocket a little more, and that can make those throws, just to squeeze it in there and just have that perfect touch, it helps a lot more because we're going to see a lot more of those quarterbacks down the road."

• Fire 1