Spring Practice - Offensive Line

I like the honesty. Not too concerned right now but if these reports keep surfacing through into fall camp, then we will have a real problem. Not to say the lineman shouldn't be farther along, but also that's what spring is for and hopefully they can get these mental blocks it seems corrected

I understand wanting to get the best five guys out there but I don't think I'm a fan of having less depth at our already-least-deep spot. Especially after how much Knevel struggled last year. Maybe - hopefully - it was indeed almost entirely due to injury. But there's nothing saying he can't get hurt again. Or Gates. And then what?

Today's quotes on the OL scare the sh#t out of me.

Here's what I posted in the presser thread.

Here's a quote that's kind of concerning to me..... The staff needing to build their confidence....I like them getting called out for lack of mental toughness.......They need to step up this year.

Riley added that the coaches are always keeping an eye on the confidence of the offensive line unit and he said they do need to build some there, but he also thinks they stand to improve their mental toughness as well.

Imagine that, the OL being a concern........Cav needs to get it fixed or get gone. The weakest link remaining IMO. Here's another quote.
Cole Conrad and Michael Decker are now working at center, as John Raridon has been moved out to left guard, where he’s battling with Jalin Barnett for the top spot with the No. 2 offense. Riley said the move is an effort to get the best five linemen on the field and Conrad’s versatility allows them to move him off tackle and to the interior.

I like that Riley, and I'm guessing Langs, are really seeing the need to address the OL. It seems that Riley, as a whole, realizes we need to get the talent on the field at all costs. The moves seem to being made out of a sense of urgency. I really haven't heard from nor seen much from Cav this spring.
I think Cav is on the hot seat. He should be. I would like to have seen him gone when Banker let go.
Our OL,again appears to be the weakest link. That sucks. With a brand new non-mobile QB and an "iffy" running game it could make for a long year.

I understand wanting to get the best five guys out there but I don't think I'm a fan of having less depth at our already-least-deep spot. Especially after how much Knevel struggled last year. Maybe - hopefully - it was indeed almost entirely due to injury. But there's nothing saying he can't get hurt again. Or Gates. And then what?

The common theme, at least to me, in all of this is Cav. It is beginning to become apparent that we have little depth, little to no development and Cav is that position coach.....

Cav has been mysteriously quiet this spring......

Spring ball isn't even done and the sky is falling? He just got a center recruit people wanted, after getting two straight solid classes.

So after 12 spring practices they haven't fixed everything. Why are we surprised? It takes time. Still have all summer and into the Fall to get it cleaned up.