Miles at NU

I'm not sure the winning percentage argument is a fair one. I know we are not where we want to be, but Miles has scheduled differently than previous coaches. For comparison, here are Sadler and Miles average SOS and records. Doc Sadler: Avg SOS-62 Avg Record: 16.8-14.8 Tim Miles: Avg SOS-35 (Last year's SOS was 100. Take that out and average is 19 over the other 4 years) Avg Record: 15-17 If Miles scheduled like Sadler, I would imagine he would be at least a .500 coach. Does .500 cut it? With an NCAA appearance or 2, maybe. Just don't like that winning percantage arguement without context.

Just look at conference record then. Other than the 2013-14 season, NU has finished near the bottom of the conference in every season under Miles, and seems to regress near the end of the season every year.

I'm not sure the winning percentage argument is a fair one. I know we are not where we want to be, but Miles has scheduled differently than previous coaches. For comparison, here are Sadler and Miles average SOS and records. Doc Sadler: Avg SOS-62 Avg Record: 16.8-14.8 Tim Miles: Avg SOS-35 (Last year's SOS was 100. Take that out and average is 19 over the other 4 years) Avg Record: 15-17 If Miles scheduled like Sadler, I would imagine he would be at least a .500 coach. Does .500 cut it? With an NCAA appearance or 2, maybe. Just don't like that winning percantage arguement without context.

Just look at conference record then. Other than the 2013-14 season, NU has finished near the bottom of the conference in every season under Miles, and seems to regress near the end of the season every year.

Miles hasn't been great, but we also aren't playing in the B12 anymore so that's apples to oranges.

His record in conferency play is better than Doc's. Which, again, is not our goal for the program. I'm just saying if you're going to say "his record is worse than all these guys!" there needs to be a little more context.

His record in conferency play is better than Doc's. Which, again, is not our goal for the program. I'm just saying if you're going to say "his record is worse than all these guys!" there needs to be a little more context.

Yes, I understand that his record may be better than Doc's, but that's still not an argument to keep Miles. I don't think you should say "his record is worse than all these guys", I think you should just look at Miles' performance.

Miles hasn't been great, but we also aren't playing in the B12 anymore so that's apples to oranges.
we've been in the B1G since 2011...

Incarnate Word, Samford, Gardner Webb
  • Fire 1

Yes, I understand that his record may be better than Doc's, but that's still not an argument to keep Miles. I don't think you should say "his record is worse than all these guys", I think you should just look at Miles' performance.

He could have scheduled better records. Performance is more of a constant. That's fine with me.

we've been in the B1G since 2011...

The Big 12 was also about as competitive during Sadler's era as the Big Ten currently is. I don't have exact numbers, but I think the 2 conferences are comparable.

It should also be pointed out that I severely doubt Mr. Eichorst has the testicular fortitude to hire us a great basketball coach.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205555851

Without derailing the subject at hand, the hires at NU have been underwhelming to say the least. I stand behind my doubts on Eichorst.

Eichorst has made what, 2? And at least one of them, his hand was forced by allegations outside the program.

And this year the big ten is joke and we still finish second to last.

And this year the big ten is joke and we still finish second to last.

Wow!

Per ESPN's Hollinger Player Effiency Rating sytem, Nebraska' highest-rater player is ....

.... wait for it ......

Ed Morrow.

it was so obvious that he was our most critical piece even at the beginning of the season. This is from the recap of the Clemson game I posted- only game I got to see in person this year:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/81667-anyone-going-to-clemson-tomorrow/

"Ed Morrow is simply on another level than every other big man we have. This may seem obvious but the dude just flat out hustles all the time, even when he's away from the ball. He made a couple of really really nice plays around the basket. If our bigs (and team for that matter) all played with the aggression and assertiveness that he plays with we would win 2-3 more games from sheer intensity alone. Morrow regularly gives up at least 3 inches in the post, yet his work ethic and hustle allow for him to be a dominate presence in the paint. Probably the most enjoyable player on our team to watch."

The Player Efficiency Rating system, the one you are lauding, has the Player of the Year and the Scoring Champion tied at 88th. Gonzaga has 3 players ahead of each of them.

Must be a truly indicative system. Sorry, no one took my challenge to look it up, so I gave you guys the info.