DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Important point to remember is that this is a completely separate charge from anything that Cohen has previously pled to. Things are really heating up this week.

Yes they are. With the way things are ramping up I'd expect a final report before Christmas. Its looking really bad for Trump at this point, but what that means exactly is hard to say.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes they are. With the way things are ramping up I'd expect a final report before Christmas. Its looking really bad for Trump at this point, but what that means exactly is hard to say.

the republican senate is still complicit so i don't think anything will happen.  mitch will protect donnie no matter what comes out.

7 facts you have to remember when Donald Trump attacks the Mueller probe    

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics/donald-trump-mueller-investigation/index.html    

1. There have been 191 criminal charges brought by Mueller.

2. With Michael Cohen pleading guilty to lying to congressional investigators about his ties to Russia on Thursday, there are now seven people who have pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with the Mueller probe.

3. Among those seven are: Cohen (Trump's former personal lawyer and fixer), Paul Manafort (former Trump campaign chairman), Rick Gates (former deputy campaign chairman) and Michael Flynn (former national security adviser). These are not low-level underlings.

4. Manafort, who is accused of breaking his plea deal by lying to Mueller's team, was convicted by a jury of his peers for his pre-Trump campaign work with the Ukrainian government.

5. Mueller was appointed as special counsel on May 17, 2017. That's 18 months ago. That's far shorter than other high-profile special investigations like it -- including Whitewater and Iran Contra, both of which lasted more than six years.

6. The direct costs that Congress has allocated for the special counsel's office is $10.4 million for fiscal year 2017 and $10.4 million for fiscal year 2018, which runs through September 2019. So the direct cost of the investigation could -- if the probe last until next September -- be north of $20 million. Not $40 million.

7. Three people -- Alex van der Zwaan, Richard Pinedo and George Papadopoulos -- have been sentenced to prison as a result of the Mueller investigation.

Any Trumpers care to comment 1,2 and 7?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, commando said:

the republican senate is still complicit so i don't think anything will happen.  mitch will protect donnie no matter what comes out.

What can the people do? I will call offices everyday if I have to depending on whats in this report. Clearly something fishy is going on and if Trump is involved there needs to be consequences.

Not sure if this is best suited for here, not sure if it's related to Russia

Federal agents have reportedly raided the Chicago City Hall office of a lawyer who previously did tax work for President Trump.

The Chicago Sun Times reports that federal agents removed everyone from the office of Chicago Finance Committee Chairman Ed Burke on Thursday morning, covering the floor-to-ceiling windows with brown paper.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/418928-federal-agents-raid-office-of-tax-firm-that-previously-worked-for?amp

Two big takeaways today:

1. Michael Cohen has a cooperation agreement with Mueller. I do not believe his previous plea (tax evasion, campaign finance, etc.) included this.
  2. Michael Cohen admits that Donald Trump was pursuing lucrative deals with Russia during the campaign (while the campaign was also meeting Russians in Trump Tower to get Clinton dirt, GOP changed Ukraine platform, Trump elicited Wikileaks on nationally television, campaign was coordinating with Assange, etc.).
  • Plus1 3
15 hours ago, ADS said:

See Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

In this CNBC SquawkBox interview (beginning at the 14-minute mark) Trump said that “this country is absolutely crazy” to prosecute alleged FCPA violations in places like Mexico and China.  Moreover, Trump said that the FCPA is a “horrible law and it should be changed” and that it puts U.S. business at a “huge disadvantage.”

http://fcpaprofessor.com/donald-trump-the-fcpa-is-a-horrible-law-and-it-should-be-changed/

first donnie said that he didn't know if he would meet with putin at the g-20.   then russia said there was going to be a meeting.   yesterday trump said he was calling the meeting off because of the ukraine issue...today.....daddy came calling.   donnie can't quit vlad.

FWIW...i bet that vlad is going to help donnie out.   the bet is that donnie comes out of this meeting declaring a great victory in getting the release of the ukrainian sailors...and maybe their boats....all the while letting russia keep their blockade of ukrainian ports in place.   fox will give donnie another nobel prize and his supporters will be gloating about great leader again.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, Fru said:

7 facts you have to remember when Donald Trump attacks the Mueller probe    

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/29/politics/donald-trump-mueller-investigation/index.html    

1. There have been 191 criminal charges brought by Mueller.

2. With Michael Cohen pleading guilty to lying to congressional investigators about his ties to Russia on Thursday, there are now seven people who have pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with the Mueller probe.

3. Among those seven are: Cohen (Trump's former personal lawyer and fixer), Paul Manafort (former Trump campaign chairman), Rick Gates (former deputy campaign chairman) and Michael Flynn (former national security adviser). These are not low-level underlings.

4. Manafort, who is accused of breaking his plea deal by lying to Mueller's team, was convicted by a jury of his peers for his pre-Trump campaign work with the Ukrainian government.

5. Mueller was appointed as special counsel on May 17, 2017. That's 18 months ago. That's far shorter than other high-profile special investigations like it -- including Whitewater and Iran Contra, both of which lasted more than six years.

6. The direct costs that Congress has allocated for the special counsel's office is $10.4 million for fiscal year 2017 and $10.4 million for fiscal year 2018, which runs through September 2019. So the direct cost of the investigation could -- if the probe last until next September -- be north of $20 million. Not $40 million.

7. Three people -- Alex van der Zwaan, Richard Pinedo and George Papadopoulos -- have been sentenced to prison as a result of the Mueller investigation.

Any Trumpers care to comment 1,2 and 7?

I don't think there are any Trumpers left - gone quiet after the elections.

1 hour ago, commando said:

first donnie said that he didn't know if he would meet with putin at the g-20.   then russia said there was going to be a meeting.   yesterday trump said he was calling the meeting off because of the ukraine issue...today.....daddy came calling.   donnie can't quit vlad.

FWIW...i bet that vlad is going to help donnie out.   the bet is that donnie comes out of this meeting declaring a great victory in getting the release of the ukrainian sailors...and maybe their boats....all the while letting russia keep their blockade of ukrainian ports in place.   fox will give donnie another nobel prize and his supporters will be gloating about great leader again.

Looks like the dog wagged the tail and the tail responded.

• Plus1 1