DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

My fiancé listens to Rush, normally when I'm not around, but I'm home today and overheard:

"What would the Obama administration done with this information if it was about Clinton?"

How stupid can you get? They had a lot of this info on Trump's associates during the election and didn't say sh#t about it. So the answer is they would've done the exact same thing.

Who must register as a "foreign agent?"
The Foreign Agent Registration Act stipulates that anyone in the United States who "acts at the order, request, or under the direction or control of a foreign principal" must make his connections known to the Department of Justice. The law was passed in 1938, in response to covert efforts by Nazi Germany to spread propaganda through American intermediaries. The most infamous of these was public-relations pioneer Ivy Lee. Ostensibly employed by the German Dye Trust, Lee actually worked for the Third Reich, which was looking to burnish its image in the United States; among Lee's ideas was a campaign to portray the Nazi rearmament program as integral to "preventing for all time the return of the Communist peril." FARA was drafted to ensure that the American public would know who was really funding such flackery.

Manafort registering with US as foreign agent

President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman is registering as a foreign agent.

Paul Manafort's spokesman says he was in talks with the government about registering before the 2016 election and is now "taking appropriate steps" in response to "formal guidance" from the government.

The spokesman says Manafort's lobbying work was not conducted on behalf of the Russian government and began before Manafort started working with the Trump campaign.

It's unclear whether Trump was aware that Manafort was in talks with the government about registering before he hired him.

Michael Flynn, who was fired as White House national security adviser in February, has also had to register as a foreign agent for lobbying work he did with ties to Turkey.

If anything, forewarning the Russians of the strike makes Trump look like an actual Putin-puppet and not just being perceived as one.

Ever heard of the deconfliction line that was established between US and Russia?

To protect pilots, Moscow and Washington opened a so-called "deconfliction line" after Russia began its bombing campaign in September 2015. On the U.S. side, it is run out of the Combined Air and Space Operations Center at the vast al-Udeid Air Base in Qatar, which hosts the forward headquarters of U.S. Central Command. There, air traffic controllers and senior military officers are in contact with their Russian counterparts in Syria. They share coordinates and other data to avoid midair collisions or confrontations. One U.S. pilot flying missions over Syria credited his safety to it in a recent Associated Press interview .

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/04/07/world/middleeast/ap-ml-ap-explains-syria-us-russia.html?_r=0

Yep. Forewarning Russia of the strike was absolutely necessary.

The fact that the US and Russia are both engaged in Syria and ostensibly working together against ISIS -- while the US supports the rebels and Russia supports Assad and seems to 'accidentally' hit the rebels from time to time -- makes any actual US military strike against Assad improbable. Beyond this one off show of force, I guess.

It's as knapp said -- we knew, they knew, it allows everyone some saber rattling and gnashing of the teeth, and Assad can carry on as before. War-as-theater.

• 2 weeks later...

No morals. No values. No ethics. No sense of patriotism. No sense of duty. No critical thinking. Just tribalism. "My guy with the R won." is all that matters. Anyone associated with that party should be ashamed at what they've help cultivate over the years and allow to happen to the most dignified desk and office in the world.

• Fire 1

No morals. No values. No ethics. No sense of patriotism. No sense of duty. No critical thinking. Just tribalism. "My guy with the R won." is all that matters. Anyone associated with that party should be ashamed at what they've help cultivate over the years and allow to happen to the most dignified desk and office in the world.

To be fair, I believe Democrats have been just as guilty of being tied to their party.

Though, as someone who isn't aligned with either party, Republicans certainly have a way of making their view points appear more irritating, less informed and more offensive.

• Fire 2

To be fair, I believe Democrats have been just as guilty of this over the years, but that poll does illustrate one critical thing - Republicans are on a bit of an island with this.

Democrats didn't want an investigation into their new President colluding with a foreign power to undermine democracy?

To be fair, I believe Democrats have been just as guilty of this over the years, but that poll does illustrate one critical thing - Republicans are on a bit of an island with this.

Democrats didn't want an investigation into their new President colluding with a foreign power to undermine democracy?

That isn't what he said.

• Fire 1