DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

TGH, you're a pretty conservative fellow. How do you feel about accepting Syrian refugees at home?

Syrian, Vietnam, Cuban - it doesn't matter. We are suppose to be a 'light on the hill' for the nations and part of that is helping the needy in a time of disaster. That has always been our MO - natural disaster, political or war disasters. If we have a moral obligation to be the world's policeman, then it only follows that we have this moral obligation as well. I'm all for accepting Syrian refugees as long as we have a good vetting process. I don't want pretenders who end up being terrorist. We are the land everyone looks towards for freedom & opportunity - that people still aspire to come to for the success of their families or their individual opportunity. I think assimilation should be an emphasis as well - cherish your national culture which enriches the American experience but also become a part of the great American 'melting pot'. Strings tied together are stronger than all of the individual strings. We become stronger as a nation as we add our individual cultures (national, ethnic, etc) to the melting pot. So, if we bring large groups from Syria to our country (any from any other country) we should actively help them to assimilate - this will help them to become successful members within.

With that said, if there was this kind of war in the USA and I was a refugee, I would probably want to one day return to my 'homeland'. I cannot speak for the Syrians, but the most important thing is to provide a safe haven for them. To me, it would seem the easiest safe haven would be in the Middle East itself or safe areas in liberated Syria. I think part of the strategy should be to establish those safe zones by working with Jordan, SA and other countries. Resolve the conflict in Syria and then help the refugees to re-establish themselves again in Syria. If we fail at the latter than the cycle repeats itself.

• Fire 2

I appreciate your thoughts here so much TG.

Thanks. It is nice that someone appreciates me as one of the few conservatives around here. Tears of joy: :cry

I don't care about partisanship but you're one of the few conservatives on Huskerboard who is willing to engage in any meaningful conversation.

• Fire 3

Can't wait to hear what their and her next excuse will be........

Sheesh. I thought we were done with her. She's like a bad penny.

You'd think if you couldn't rally your base enough to defeat the worst Republican candidate in generations that you'd get the hint and fade from public life. But I guess that speaking circuit is still pretty lucrative.

• Fire 1

I appreciate your thoughts here so much TG.

Thanks. It is nice that someone appreciates me as one of the few conservatives around here. Tears of joy: :cry

I don't care about partisanship but you're one of the few conservatives on Huskerboard who is willing to engage in any meaningful conversation.

I learn from everyone - no one has the corner on the facts or all of the info. If we stop learning we are like a canoe going upstream - we go backwards if we stop paddling.

• Fire 1

It's kinda funny (and a little concerning) hearing now that Trump can't possibly have any ties to Russia because he had the Syrian air strip bombed.

But based on Trump's immaturity and ego, I can see him doing it just to try to prove he's not "Putin's puppet." It's scary having a president this easy to manipulate.

• Fire 1