DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

I would agree with you except that you're omitting how many tens of thousands of innocent civilians he's killed with drone strikes, assassinating that foreign general, and abandoning the Kurds to slaughter.

You also forgot to mention how there are now more US troops in Afghanistan than at the end of President Obama's term. With plans to send more.

19 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

How did you get from "drone strike" to 'entanglement?'  btw Obama-Biden continued and accelerated the Bush policy of using predator drones to incinerate suspected terrorists, without any due process or much concern for civilians in the radius.

I was using your words. Do you not know what you wrote?

How good or bad Obama/Biden/Bush were has no bearing on your claims of Trump's foreign policy.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:40 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

So Trump made the right call.  

Very few never-Trumpers can acknowledge that President Trump has been consistent in his foreign policy of no more endless wars and fewer foreign entanglements. I've had plenty of Ds who either cannot or will not see that Trump's policy is nothing like either President Bush.

22 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

btw Obama-Biden continued and accelerated the Bush policy of using predator drones to incinerate suspected terrorists, without any due process or much concern for civilians in the radius.

btw Trump continued and accelerated the Obama policy of using predator drones to incinerate suspected terrorists, without any due process or much concern for civilians in the radius.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I was using your words. Do you not know what you wrote?

How good or bad Obama/Biden/Bush were has no bearing on your claims of Trump's foreign policy.

An 'entanglement' implies that you start a relationship you cannot easily get out of.  I don't understand how that applies in theaters where we've already been entangled for years, such as droning that Iranian guy.  Obama-Biden tended to dip a toe in the waters of places like Egypt and Lybia and jump back before they got 'entangled.'  I don't know that that worked but I do know that John Bolton appeared weekly on Fox News to rake them over the coals.  But I don't know if he thought that anyone wanted to adopt his preferred policy of more foreign confrontations. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

An 'entanglement' implies that you start a relationship you cannot easily get out of.  I don't understand how that applies in theaters where we've already been entangled for years, such as droning that Iranian guy.  Obama-Biden tended to dip a toe in the waters of places like Egypt and Lybia and jump back before they got 'entangled.'  I don't know that that worked but I do know that John Bolton appeared weekly on Fox News to rake them over the coals.  But I don't know if he thought that anyone wanted to adopt his preferred policy of more foreign confrontations. 

You should go ask the poster who originally used the word "entanglement". It was *checks notes* - well, it was you.

Very few never-Trumpers can acknowledge that President Trump has been consistent in his foreign policy of no more endless wars and fewer foreign entanglements. I've had plenty of Ds who either cannot or will not see that Trump's policy is nothing like either President Bush.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You should go ask the poster who originally used the word "entanglement". It was *checks notes* - well, it was you.

Yeah I use words that have a meaning beyond 'what some politician did.'

Stone was only prosecuted because he was on Trump's team.  So any break he got in sentencing (isn't that the judges's job?) is a fair quid pro quo.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:41 PM, BigRedBuster said:

And they didn’t have the guts to do it. 

Yes, last call before John Bolton disappears forever into the political transfer portal.  Bolton was so outraged by whatever, that he immediately began working on a 'tell-all' book that would be published more than 9 months later.  

• Plus1 1

On 6/21/2020 at 1:36 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

How did you get from "drone strike" to 'entanglement?'  btw Obama-Biden continued and accelerated the Bush policy of using predator drones to incinerate suspected terrorists, without any due process or much concern for civilians in the radius.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:52 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

17 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yeah I use words that have a meaning beyond 'what some politician did.'

Be careful not to hurt yourself.

hqdefault.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1