Clear Bag Policy to Go Into Effect This Fall

Well my can of chew takes up 1 pocket. Wallet the other back pocket. Phone in one. 12 pack of magnum condoms in the other. Where the hell am I supposed to carry my bottle of liquor?

Just a thought...put some booze IN the condoms.

Also, this stupid policy is the reason that I only bring my friend Joe "Wooden Leg" Smithson to the games...we just fill up that wooden leg with booze.

• Fire 1

I don't carry a bag, but folks, this really goes against what America stands for. I know we are in a worldwide struggle. I know we have to try to be safe. But if this is thenew normal, we are heading into a new Orwellian reality, where really we are not free.

I grew up in western NE, and never really liked crowds anyway, but if the stadium is really this unsafe, to warrant this, who should want to go?

Lastly, as the framers knew when they adopted the Bill of Rights, these types of actions do more to infringe on your lives than they do to make you safe.

Sitting waaaay up in the south endzone at a game in the 70s late in the year. Don't know how they did it, but the group next to me had a pony keg.

I have heard those stories before! How fun would that have been!

He was wearing a long trench coat. But he must have waddled like a duck

• 2 months later...

I won't give up my 4th Amendment rights, won't go to the stadium. This type of searching and prohibition goes against American principles.  I probably won't be missed.  But someday, when we have given up all our freedom to the government out of fear, maybe that freedom will be missed.  

To me the big picture in ending terrrorism is to go kick ass on the terrorists, and end the threat so we all don't have to be searched by the government.   

These types of measures don't work against the terrorists, but they do work to harass you and make you less free.  This is evidenced all over the world time and again.

America is the last bastion of freedom for the world.  We should not take that lightly.

If this doesn't cross a line for you, then ask where does your line lie?

3 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I won't give up my 4th Amendment rights, won't go to the stadium. This type of searching and prohibition goes against American principles.  I probably won't be missed.  But someday, when we have given up all our freedom to the government out of fear, maybe that freedom will be missed.  

To me the big picture in ending terrrorism is to go kick ass on the terrorists, and end the threat so we all don't have to be searched by the government.   

These types of measures don't work against the terrorists, but they do work to harass you and make you less free.  This is evidenced all over the world time and again.

America is the last bastion of freedom for the world.  We should not take that lightly.

The university has their own rights too. Just like a business can tell you no smoking on their property. Regardless of terrorists or no terrorists, searching people is smart either way.

10 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

This policy is less about terrorism and more about not bringing booze or food into the stadium.  "Safety" is the excuse they use.