Clear Bag Policy to Go Into Effect This Fall

For those of you saying the kids shouldn't be attending games if you need a diaper bag, because you're a dad so you definitely know: you must not have special needs kids. Are you to say that an 11 year-old is too young just because he/she still needs pull-ups/diapers?

Some of those kids are Husker die-hards. To say it's either don't attend any games or risk having to sit/stand in your wet pants, well, that's a bit insensitive.

• Fire 1

For those of you saying the kids shouldn't be attending games if you need a diaper bag, because you're a dad so you definitely know: you must not have special needs kids. Are you to say that an 11 year-old is too young just because he/she still needs pull-ups/diapers?

Some of those kids are Husker die-hards. To say it's either don't attend any games or risk having to sit/stand in your wet pants, well, that's a bit insensitive.

My comment was aimed at people that bring babies or toddlers. Sorry I won't change my stance on that at all.

To be perfectly honest in the instance of a special needs kid or adult needing the bag I didn't even think about that.

• Fire 1

Maybe it's just me, but if I was a father and had a child young enough to be in diapers, and everywhere I went I had to take a diaper bag with me "just in case" I would probably avoid football stadiums until the kiddo was a lil older.

I keep seeing people post this and I agree. I personally have no memory of anything husker football before I was the age of six, and my dad didn't start taking me to every game with him until I was eleven. He always figured that since he was paying a lot for the tickets, he wanted to go with someone who could actually appreciate the environment and atmosphere, not someone who was gonna get bored and complain that they wanted to go home.

Edit: he did start taking me to one game a year starting when I was 8. Southern miss 2004 was my first game.

My comment was aimed at people that bring babies or toddlers. Sorry I won't change my stance on that at all.

To be perfectly honest in the instance of a special needs kid or adult needing the bag I didn't even think about that.

I have a 5 month old, and I'm not even dreaming of bringing her to a game for at least 5 years.

• Fire 2

• 3 weeks later...

The terrorists win when we give up our freedoms in the name of safety.

I think they should allow a woman (or dad) to bring in their normal diaper bag.

And I think a smaller backpack should be OK.

Let us be brave and try to live like we want to. That is what our forefathers wanted.

hahaha I highly doubt terrorists are checking the Nebraska game day rule changes and chalking it up as a win.
They are after your freedom. And it is a win for them whether they check or not.

I can understand the precaution.

But, they will have their hands full.

When my wife wears Prada.

She'll throw a fit.

I might too.

Revoke my man card.

Some things just arent right.

Is this a haiku?

I can write you one.

What would you like it to be about?

• 1 month later...

What do people need to carry into the stadium in bags/backpacks/purses? Unless medical in nature, if you can't get by with just having money/keys/phone in your pockets for 4 hours then what the hell are you doing there?

Anytime I go to a game with my wife (any sport), she normally just brings some cash and her phone (and driver's license if we are going to somewhere that servers booze).

If you have to bring a diaper bag or a bag full of "stuff" to entertain your kid, then your kid probably isn't at the right age to go to a game (saying this as a dad).

I don't give a crap about the new rule.

However, maxipads take up a whole pocket, and women's jeans pockets are often too small for a phone. I didn't read any of the details on whether any kind of purses are allowed.

What do people need to carry into the stadium in bags/backpacks/purses? Unless medical in nature, if you can't get by with just having money/keys/phone in your pockets for 4 hours then what the hell are you doing there?

Anytime I go to a game with my wife (any sport), she normally just brings some cash and her phone (and driver's license if we are going to somewhere that servers booze).

If you have to bring a diaper bag or a bag full of "stuff" to entertain your kid, then your kid probably isn't at the right age to go to a game (saying this as a dad).

I don't give a crap about the new rule.

However, maxipads take up a whole pocket, and women's jeans pockets are often too small for a phone. I didn't read any of the details on whether any kind of purses are allowed.

Maxipads...Heck...imagine trying to fit shoulder pads into a bag.