The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Hate to be the “bold prediction “ guy, but....Only Biden and Bloomberg can defeat Trump.  

It’s sad and unfortunate, but I truly believe this.  

Disagree?

It's one of those frustrating things in American politics.  The only way a candidate is going to get the nomination is if they pander to the base which is not moderate.  But, somehow, to win the General, they have to then keep their base and appeal to moderates.  I don't see Bernie or Warren being able to do that.  The people in the Democratic Primary race who can appeal to moderates would be Biden, Bloomberg, Pete and Klobucher.

But.....look at one of the first responses when I said that I liked Pete.  The response was, "He has no chance of getting the nomination".

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Hate to be the “bold prediction “ guy, but....Only Biden and Bloomberg can defeat Trump.  

It’s sad and unfortunate, but I truly believe this.  

Disagree?

I disagree strongly. In a normal election maybe. This isn't a normal election. Damaging bombshells about Trump will be dropping left and right and he will hurt himself more in the reaction to them. I think any of the top 4 or 5 dems can beat him because I don't think he is biggest enemy is his opponent. It will be himself

Also I don't get this reasoning as it pertains to the data we have available. Polling would indicate Sanders has an equal to slightly better chance than Biden. Money matters too and the most has been donated to Sanders campaign by the most donors. I see this argument circulating but no one can back it up with anything but Bernie hasn't had to face Trump yet. It's nothing but a gut feeling. Data says otherwise

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I disagree strongly. In a normal election maybe. This isn't a normal election. Damaging bombshells about Trump will be dropping left and right and he will hurt himself more in the reaction to them. I think any of the top 4 or 5 dems can beat him because I don't think he is biggest enemy is his opponent. It will be himself

This is interesting.  

I still think this election will be one that is not "called" until like the last second.  I think all the early polls will be crap, sort of like last time, I think people will be up in the air or dishonest about who they say they are voting for.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is interesting.

I still think this election will be one that is not "called" until like the last second.  I think all the early polls will be crap, sort of like last time, I think people will be up in the air or dishonest about who they say they are voting for.

Some people will be dishonest about it but I don't think people will be undecided at all. People will be with Trump or against him

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think Biden is the only one.  

Bloomberg is interesting though.

Bloomberg will out-advertise Trump and that matters.  Many people are easily manipulated and tend to have short term memory.  That’s partially how Trump got elected in the first place.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Yes I've been seeing everything really messed up lately I think it has to do with advertisements they will always pop up in really strange places now 

It is so annoying!!!!

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Bloomberg will out-advertise Trump and that matters.  Many people are easily manipulated and tend to have short term memory.  That’s partially how Trump got elected in the first place.  

That is a good point.  

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I used to feel that way,  but time heals.  Unless the bombshells keep steadily coming out in the next 10 months, what’s known about trump now won’t matter as much to the easily manipulated come November.    If the candidate is someone else, I hope and pray I’m wrong, but I’ll be preparing myself for another four years of trump.  

4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I used to feel that way,  but time heals.  Unless the bombshells keep steadily coming out in the next 10 months, what’s known about trump now won’t matter as much to the easily manipulated come November.    If the candidate is someone else, I hope and pray I’m wrong, but I’ll be preparing myself for another four years of trump.  

There are 30 active investigations into Trump being conducted at the moment. The bombshells will keep dropping from now until election night. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

only 4 more years?    the trump dynasty is just getting started according to the far right.