The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Krystal Ball and Kyle Kulinski reconsider whether they will vote for Biden:

Milquetoast, possibly bad Democrat president vs. potential end of Democracy. Pretty easy choice but it sucks that it's the choice. It'd be nice if by some miracle people would decide to vote for Sanders instead and it had momentum to actually work but that's not gonna happen.

If there is ever a candidate that not only has 100% support of his/her party, but also 90+% support in the general election, we might as well crown them god and let them hold the office until they get bored....

We can complain about only having two choices and neither makes us feel completely warm, but what candidate ever has?  This will be my 6th time voting in a presidential election.  It has always been "who's 'better' fit to lead and who's beliefs are 'closer' to my own?"  

I've never had the chance to vote for a candidate that "truly gets me".  Any older posters ever had that chance?  It would be great if a person somehow managed to fit the beliefs systems of every person in the country and ran for President.  But it is impossible; and ridiculous to complain about why we can't have that...

17 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Krystal Ball and Kyle Kulinski reconsider whether they will vote for Biden:

I enjoy their commentary for the most part but this I 100% disagree with and would roll my eyes anytime they talked about it. If this was a normal election between Biden and say Romney, go ahead and vote third party. This is not a normal election and anyone who votes third party needs to take their head out of their a$$. Everyone here knows I was no Biden fan and still am not for the most part, but this election Im happy to be Ridin with Biden. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Other GOPers speaking out against Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/vote-for-trump-these-republican-leaders-arent-on-the-bandwagon/ar-BB158wRf

But, far sooner than they expected, growing numbers of prominent Republicans are debating how far to go in revealing that they won’t back his reelection — or might even vote for Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee. They’re feeling a fresh urgency because of Trump’s incendiary response to the protests of police brutality, atop his mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, according to people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose private discussions.

Former President George W. Bush won’t support the reelection of Trump, and Jeb Bush isn’t sure how he’ll vote, say people familiar with their thinking. Senator Mitt Romney of Utah won’t back Trump and is deliberating whether to again write in his wife, Ann, or cast another ballot this November. And Cindy McCain, the widow of Senator John McCain, is almost certain to support Biden but is unsure how public to be about it because one of her sons is eyeing a run for office.

None of them voted for Trump in 2016, but the reproach of big Republican names carries a different weight when an incumbent president and his shared agenda with Senate leaders are on the line.

Former Republican leaders like the former speakers Paul Ryan and John Boehner won’t say how they will vote, and some Republicans who are already disinclined to support Trump are weighing whether to go beyond backing a third-party contender to openly endorse Biden. Retired military leaders, who have guarded their private political views, are increasingly voicing their unease about the president’s leadership but are unsure whether to embrace his opponent.

Biden himself, while eager to win support across party lines, intends to roll out his “Republicans for Biden” coalition later in the campaign, after fully consolidating his own party, according to Democrats familiar with the campaign’s planning.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:26 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

there is NOTHING the president could say that would please the mob, so best to keep it short and sweet. 

Maybe just saying anything that doesn't have to come back to be about him would be a good start.

• Plus1 2

there is NOTHING the president could say that would please the mob, so best to keep it short and sweet. 

would you believe that  i would be a huge fan of Trump saying NOTHING?   

5 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Colin Powell tees off on Trump and becomes the first major Bush-era Republican to state he will vote for Biden.

Colin Powell?  I didn't know he was still around.  Last we saw him paraded as a former Republican that supported Obama. Anyway, Trump's base is the middle-class.  The upper class Rs didn't support him last much of last time either. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Translation:  This President has no ability to say anything that would bring the country together, so he should just shut up.

Psssst....hint.....If the vast majority of Americans don't like you and this many people are so angry at you they are protesting in the streets.....the problem isn't THEM!!!!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Colin Powell?  I didn't know he was still around.  Last we saw him paraded as a former Republican that supported Obama. Anyway, Trump's base is the middle-class.  The upper class Rs didn't support him last much of last time either. 

interesting that you don't refute colin saying that trump defies the constitution

• Plus1 2