Jump to content
TGHusker

The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Edit: Also now being covered by yahoo (no idea why they put it in their sports section):

Joe Biden Faces Sexual Assault Allegations From A Former Staffer

So does anyone think there is enough here to upend Biden's nomination?  

Is there a concerted effort by  a particular group that would cause this to come to light at this time - Trump/Russian:o, Bernie's team, ??

or is it just that now that Biden is nearer to the nomination, the story starts to get traction in the media.

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So does anyone think there is enough here to upend Biden's nomination?  

Is there a concerted effort by  a particular group that would cause this to come to light at this time - Trump/Russian:o, Bernie's team, ??

or is it just that now that Biden is nearer to the nomination, the story starts to get traction in the media.

Who knows, but it pisses me off.

 

a)  If true, he's a piece of s#!t.

 

and

 

b)  It gives Trump more ammo and it's harder for Biden to attack Trump for being an immoral piece of s#!t.

 

How the hell do we end up with two 70+ year old jack asses that we have to choose from?

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like others would agree that there is no point in discussing it.  

 

Have we actually lowered ourselves to the point of debating which candidates sexual assault is more acceptable than the other’s?
 

It’s not my preference or likely yours either, but the fact is it has come down to either Biden or Trump.   One is bad and the other is worse.  It’s up to everyone to decide for themselves which one is which.  So unless there’s credible accusations that Biden has done worse things than Trump allegedly has done, then all this just comes across as sour grapes from Bernie supporters.  

 

 

last I checked, there was still a path for Bernie if Biden should be a moron.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who knows, but it pisses me off.

 

a)  If true, he's a piece of s#!t.

 

and

 

b)  It gives Trump more ammo and it's harder for Biden to attack Trump for being an immoral piece of s#!t.

 

How the hell do we end up with two 70+ year old jack asses that we have to choose from?

Just like 2016 - two very flawed candidates    Like you said, Biden looses all moral high ground in this discussion if true.  I hope the Dems are able to draft someone else - Cuomo perhaps.  I don't know enough about his policies which is secondary at this time to the primary role of removing Trump from office,  but he's got to be more capable at this time to lead then Biden.

 

I was hoping one of the younger Dems would have broken through.  Booker, Amy, Harris, or even Warren (not so much younger but a fresh face).

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

 

 

last I checked, there was still a path for Bernie if Biden should be a moron.

There probably is.  I just think that most, myself included have accepted that it’s going to be Biden.  And if getting behind the candidate that ultimately opposes Trump In November is your M.O., then why continue to spread “dirt “ on said candidate?   

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

 

I was hoping one of the younger Dems would have broken through.  Booker, Amy, Harris, or even Warren (not so much younger but a fresh face

I agree. Hopefully one will be the VP, which could mean they might have to finish the term, or at least be in stronger position for 2024.  I basically see Biden as a steppingstone.  

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

There probably is.  I just think that most, myself included have accepted that it’s going to be Biden.  And if getting behind the candidate that ultimately opposes Trump In November is your M.O., then why continue to spread “dirt “ on said candidate?   

While the momentum is clearly in Biden's favor, not all of us think he can beat Trump and are hoping for a dramatic turnaround. If these allegations are true, this will be the latest in many issues showing Biden isn't a good candidate. And I have no intention of "getting behind" Biden even if he's the nominee. I'll reluctantly vote for him over Trump but that's it. And what you call "dirt", I call "news". And I'm not only ok with spreading news, but I encourage it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree. Hopefully one will be the VP, which could mean they might have to finish the term, or at least be in stronger position for 2024.  I basically see Biden as a steppingstone.  

There's becoming a better case for Biden getting the nomination and then stepping aside for his VP pick. I don't think that's likely, but it's a really weird time in politics.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

While the momentum is clearly in Biden's favor, not all of us think he can beat Trump and are hoping for a dramatic turnaround. This is just the latest in many issues showing Biden isn't a good candidate. And I have no intention of "getting behind" Biden even if he's the nominee. I'll reluctantly vote for him over Trump but that's it. And what you call "dirt", I call "news". And I'm not only ok with spreading news, but I encourage it.

 

* If true.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree. Hopefully one will be the VP, which could mean they might have to finish the term, or at least be in stronger position for 2024.  I basically see Biden as a steppingstone.  

I agree.  One termer - if he makes it.

Share this post


Link to post

Agree with @Decoy73 and @TGHusker that Biden, if he wins, is a one-term president. I think the progressive movement is just going to gain more and more steam in the next four years for one thing, and for another, frankly, I don't think he'll be well enough to serve for eight years.

 

I doubt Trump is, either.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

There's becoming a better case for Biden getting the nomination and then stepping aside for his VP pick. I don't think that's likely, but it's a really weird time in politics.

That brings up the odd situation:  What are the chances of him stepping aside  after the nomination and before the election and allowing the VP to be the one who takes on Trump.  I'm not sure what the procedure would be post nomination pre election.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

That brings up the odd situation:  What are the chances of him stepping aside  after the nomination and before the election and allowing the VP to be the one who takes on Trump.  I'm not sure what the procedure would be post nomination pre election.

I hope this doesn't happen. The obvious replacement would be Bernie as he's going to have the second most delegates by a lot, but the establishment will definitely pick someone else and Trump would win by a landslide. (Again, I don't think this is likely.)

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That brings up the odd situation:  What are the chances of him stepping aside  after the nomination and before the election and allowing the VP to be the one who takes on Trump.  I'm not sure what the procedure would be post nomination pre election.

 

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I hope this doesn't happen. The obvious replacement would be Bernie as he's going to have the second most delegates by a lot, but the establishment will definitely pick someone else and Trump would win by a landslide. (Again, I don't think this is likely.)

 

I'm pretty sure what @TGHusker is theorizing is, after the DNC and Biden's been named the Dem candidate, what if between then and the general election he steps aside for his VP?

 

I don't think that's even legal, and maybe only possible if Biden's unable to continue (medically, for example).  If that happens, I don't think there's a legal mechanism for Bernie to become the nominee. But maybe a legal mechanism isn't required - the Democrat Party is a private organization, not a government one.  Maybe they could just go with Bernie?  

 

But I agree with @RedDenver there is almost zero possibility establishment Dems go with Bernie in such a scenario.

Share this post


Link to post










×
×
  • Create New...