The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

@JJ Husker I've now heard several people on the management/owner side of businesses say the same thing. I'll defer to you guys since you know it better than I do, but it seems like there was no appetite for the payroll tax cut in Congress and it's just some hare-brained idea Trump got lodged in his head and wouldn't let go of.

In other news, I know you guys are gonna be shocked with his tremendous record in business with absolutely no similar failings, but... the Trump campaign might be having cashflow problems.

Still haven't released their August fundraising numbers. Biden just nearly doubled the all-time monthly record. You do the math.

21 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

@JJ Husker I've now heard several people on the management/owner side of businesses say the same thing. I'll defer to you guys since you know it better than I do, but it seems like there was no appetite for the payroll tax cut in Congress and it's just some hare-brained idea Trump got lodged in his head and wouldn't let go of.

Yeah, it's tough to tell if it's gross incompetence or a deliberate attempt at buying votes, or likely both. The only way it benefits working folk is if congress later adopts legislation to forgive having to pay it back. But in that scenario, it does significant damage to the funding mechanism of social security, which is already in dire straits.

This d#ckhead of a president will say anything, do anything, cheat anybody/everybody to stay in power. The sooner he is out of the WH and not using our air anymore, the better for everyone.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

In other news, I know you guys are gonna be shocked with his tremendous record in business with absolutely no similar failings, but... the Trump campaign might be having cashflow problems.

Still haven't released their August fundraising numbers. Biden just nearly doubled the all-time monthly record. You do the math.

The 20th century society is gone even if Biden doesn't realize it. If you're a CEO, movie star, government official, banker, etc etc you're party is Democrat.  Their employees are not necessarily Republicans but that is who represents their interests.  The uber rich demonstrate their woke credentials by writing huge checks the D party.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The 20th century society is gone even if Biden doesn't realize it. If you're a CEO, movie star, government official, banker, etc etc you're party is Democrat.  Their employees are not necessarily Republicans but that is who represents their interests.  The uber rich demonstrate their woke credentials by writing huge checks the D party.

Yeah....it couldn’t be the fact that more people support Biden because....maybe....they see what a scam his administration is. 

You know.  All those CEOs, movie stars, government workers, bankers and their employees. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

sure....yeah....as president he increased the military budget how much????  And brags about it???  Where is all that money going?

And who did he try to make defense secretary?

At this point you have to actively be trying to not pay attention if you still support him. 

I still think he's an idiot but this is what you would do if you wanted to take over the country - try to get the low level military guys to support you instead of the military leadership.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I still think he's an idiot but this is what you would do if you wanted to take over the country - try to get the low level military guys to support you instead of the military leadership.

Is "no blood for oil" ancient history?  Pretty much every left wing talking head chirped it out without noticing it's lack of logic.