The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

30 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Is "no blood for oil" ancient history?  Pretty much every left wing talking head chirped it out without noticing it's lack of logic.

It really is interesting how you never actually discuss the topic. Instead you constantly divert attention to some random thought that has nothing to do with the subject. 

psst.....it’s pretty telling that you either don’t have a grasp of the subject or no logical explanation on your stance. 

I mean...I get it.  It has to be so disappointing when your political hero is such a disgusting idiot and a fake. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It really is interesting how you never actually discuss the topic. Instead you constantly divert attention to some random thought that has nothing to do with the subject. 

psst.....it’s pretty telling that you either don’t have a grasp of the subject or no logical explanation on your stance. 

I mean...I get it.  It has to be so disappointing when your political hero is such a disgusting idiot and a fake. 

yeah...i seem to remember trump saying we're taking the oil.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/08/secure-the-oil-trumps-syria-strategy-leaves-pentagon-perplexed

A fortnight after ordering a complete evacuation of US troops ahead of a Turkish incursion into northeastern Syria, abandoning Kurdish partners in the fight against Isis, Trump changed his mind and said some forces should stay but only to “secure the oil”.

So as hundreds US special forces are being flown out of Syria, hundreds of other soldiers, equipped with armoured vehicles, have been driving into the region, heading for small-scale oil patches Der Ezzor and Hasakah provinces, but without a clear idea of what they were supposed to do there.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/08/secure-the-oil-trumps-syria-strategy-leaves-pentagon-perplexed

A fortnight after ordering a complete evacuation of US troops ahead of a Turkish incursion into northeastern Syria, abandoning Kurdish partners in the fight against Isis, Trump changed his mind and said some forces should stay but only to “secure the oil”.

So as hundreds US special forces are being flown out of Syria, hundreds of other soldiers, equipped with armoured vehicles, have been driving into the region, heading for small-scale oil patches Der Ezzor and Hasakah provinces, but without a clear idea of what they were supposed to do there.

Such a great leader. 

2 minutes ago, commando said:

Yeah, but Benghazi....

Notre Dame Joe probably.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love to see this make Trump try to run down a ramp only to trip and face plant at the bottom. 

Joe Vs  Don in an old man American Gladiators contest.

1.  Sleeping through the night without getting up to pee.

2.  Walking up the stairs without using the railing

3.  Eating buffalo flavored wings without taking a Tums

4.  Watching a current sitcom on volume level 10 and then having to explain what the show was about

5.  Programming a VCR (This would only be in the event of a tie...because no one knows how the f#&% to do this)

• Haha 6

What do you guys think of what seems to be Biden's fund raising ad campaign strategy?

I do not "Like" him on FB but I always got these Biden ads saying he was down by X points to Trump in a certain state and needs my $. But it was in states where his average lead was usually like 3+ points. But 1 poll said he was down. I get the tactic... just not sure if it's a good one. You have to keep people excited to vote, not feeling like it's hopeless. If I were to believe all these ads it would look like he's going to lose every battleground state and have no chance at all.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's not my fault you contradict yourself every election cycle.  Biden supported the war in Iraq and worked to make it happen.  Then he was against it.  Then Biden wanted to trisect Iraq.  Then Biden wanted to make a quick withdrawal.  Then ISIS happened on Obama-Biden watch.  

fyi we are energy independent (no thanks to the dynamic duo, Biden doesn't remember if he supports fracking).  Whatever oil you're talking about was not going to be sold in the USA. 

• Plus1 1

Biden is currently outperforming Clinton in battleground margin (3.2 vs. 2.8) and general election margin (7.1 vs. 2.1), and favorability (15.3 vs. 8.1) at this point in time before the election. 

Anyone who thinks Biden is in a worse position under normal circumstances than Clinton was is kidding themselves. That said we have a president trying to subvert the election any way he can, so this is not normal circumstances. 

• Plus1 1