The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

On 9/8/2020 at 2:06 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Media question:  I see all these Lincoln Project videos being shared online. Is that the strategy here? Making it free and viral?  Or has anyone seen a Lincoln Project video or ad in a paid advertising format, like broadcast TV?

I live in California, where neither party bothered to spend money in 2016, conceding it to Hillary. So I never know what the rest of the country is seeing. 

I believe I saw one in Tulsa about the time of the infamous Trump Tulsa rally   - but I probably won't see any more as Okla will vote for Trump.   But I do think you are correct - the viral aspect is what is driving it. Twitter, Youtube,  Drudge Report (which seems to have gone negative on Trump - a lot of anti trump articles showing up. 

Including this one about Bob Woodward's new book.   The article is pretty explosive and worth the read. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

The article ends with this:

'Dynamite behind the door'

"Rage" is a follow-up to Woodward's 2018 bestselling book "Fear," which portrayed a chaotic White House in which aides hid papers from Trump to protect the country from what they viewed as his most dangerous impulses.

While Trump slammed "Fear," he also complained that he didn't speak to Woodward for the book, which resulted in his agreeing to extensive interviews for "Rage."

However, on August 14, Trump preemptively attacked Woodward's new book, tweeting, "The Bob Woodward book will be a FAKE, as always, just as many of the others have been."

Throughout the book, Trump provides insights into his view of the presidency. He tells Woodward when you're running the country, "There's dynamite behind every door."

After his 18 interviews, Woodward issues a stark verdict: Trump is the "dynamite behind the door." Woodward concludes his book with a declaration that "Trump is the wrong man for the job."

Drudge's headline

image.thumb.png.95ee1e3c5c19d0690fbb20f1ece84caf.png

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

This tell-all book will accomplish just what the last forgotten five did.

As I laid out the dates for you, you can see Biden practiced law for about 5 minutes before realizing he didn't want to do it.  I bet Obama has more court room experience.

1 of the jobs of congressmen is to pass laws.   something that seems would be a good job for lawyers.   but maybe you'rte right...let's have plumbers write the laws and lawyers fix the toilets.

• Plus1 1