The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

It's an absolute shame we don't know who Trump owes the money to. Just a complete mystery.

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” - Donald Trump Jr.

I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ - Eric Trump

I Guess we will never know.

• Fire 1

The house of cards is starting to fall.  First the FAKE BILLIONAIRE evidence and now potential campaign finance violations.   This is an early October surprise that may put the lid on Trump's chances once and for all. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/07/28/non-partisan-watchdog-accuses-trump-campaign-of-laundering-170-million/#79c63ef46128

The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan campaign finance watchdog group, filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission Tuesday accusing the Trump campaign of “laundering” $170 million through numerous companies, some with connections to former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale.

“The Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee disguised nearly $170 million of campaign spending by laundering the funds through firms,” the complaint claims.

It adds that the firms are “headed by Trump’s recent campaign manager, Brad Parscale, and/or created by Trump campaign lawyers.”

The complaint alleges that the Trump campaign paid millions of dollars to campaign-connected vendors without reporting those payments to the FEC, specifically honing in on American Made Media Consultants (AMMC), a firm created by Parscale, which has been paid over $106 million, making it the campaigns largest vendor.

AMMC was ostensibly created to circumvent media buyers, but the complaint points to FCC records that show the campaign has used media buying firm Harris Sikes to place some of its ads, alleging the campaign is “failing to report payments to the firms and is instead using AMMC as a conduit for its payments to the firms.”

The complaint also points to an app called Phunware, which Parscale has said was created and is “directly owned” by the campaign, but which has never appeared in the campaign’s spending reports because, as the complaint alleges, it was paid through AMMC.

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh denied the charges made in the complaint, telling Forbes, “The campaign reports all payments to AMMC as required by the FEC. The campaign complies with all campaign finance laws and FEC regulations.”

Crucial Quote

By failing to report payments to the campaign’s true vendors and employees, the Trump campaign and Trump Make America Great Again Committee have violated, and continue to violate, federal law’s transparency requirements,” the complaint asserts, adding that such activities “undermine the vital public information role that reporting is intended to serve.”

33 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Trump's ex-manager having a breakdown last night isn't a coincidence. Seems like we might be on the cusp of the house of cards falling down. 

I just saw your post above - Great minds track together - we both believe the house of cards is about to fall.

I'm gonna hold off on linking Parscale to anything happening right now until we get more hard evidence of some connection. According to the story, his wife told police he beats her and he's always struck me as a grade-A scumbag but he legitimately seems like he's in a pretty dark place right now so I hope he's able to get the help he needs and hopefully get to a better place. I feel bad for his wife.

That said, there have long been rumors he was essentially skimming a LOT of campaign funds for his personal use and part of the change in leadership in the campaign involved an analysis to figure out where campaign funds were being misused. So there's that.

Is anyone shocked that Donald Trump's campaign is run like a typical mob racketeering outfit?

• Plus1 1

I bet the SDNY doesn't think this is so funny. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8780753/Can-believe-f-ing-stupid-IRS-Trump-mocked-10m-tax-refund-Michael-Cohen-claims.html

Donald Trump's disgraced former attorney Michael Cohen claimed last night that the president once brandished a $10 million tax refund check and yelled, 'Can you believe how f***ing stupid the IRS is?'

Cohen tweeted that his new tell-all book 'Disloyal' had 'been proven 100% TRUE' after the New York Times reported that the president paid just $750 in federal income tax in both 2016 and 2017.

Cohen, who is still serving the last two years of a prison sentence from 'home confinement' for lying to Congress, retweeted an excerpt from his book which described how he'd been with the president when he received a colossal tax rebate at Trump Tower in Manhattan.

'He held the check up for me to see, flabbergasted but also delighted.' Cohen wrote. '"Can you believe how f***ing stupid the IRS is?" Trump asked. "Who would give me a refund for ten f***ing million dollars? They are so stupid!"'

• Plus1 1

There is just something very strange about this "relationship"    I don't know ... kind of incestuous  :dunno

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-wanted-daughter-ivanka-vp-154538556.html

During his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump wanted to choose his daughter, Ivanka, to be his running mate, according to an upcoming book by Rick Gates, Trump’s former deputy campaign chairman.

“During a VP discussion that included Jared [Kushner] and the other kids all assembled in one room, Trump said, ‘I think it should be Ivanka. What about Ivanka as my VP?’ There was silence,” Gates wrote in “Wicked Game: An Insider’s Story on How Trump Won, Mueller Failed and America Lost,” according to a copy obtained by Bloomberg News.

“All heads turned toward her, and she just looked surprised. We all knew Trump well enough to keep our mouths shut and not laugh,” Gates continued. “He went on: ‘She’s bright, she’s smart, she’s beautiful, and the people would love her!”

Trump was so set on the idea of having Ivanka be his vice president, according to the book, that he had the idea polled twice by his team. But it was Ivanka who told her father that it wasn’t a good idea to choose her as his running mate, Gates said, and Trump eventually chose Mike Pence after he gave a “vicious and extended monologue” about the Clintons at a breakfast later that summer, according to the Washington Post.

A spokesperson for the White House did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.