The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Hold up. To put this nonsense to rest: Trump's taxes weren't "stolen." He went through just about every court in the land, fighting like hell to keep them away from prying eyes, god only knows why... and he lost. So financial institutions turned them over in compliance with the law, much to Trump's dismay.

What's more, who's to say someone who isn't just tired of Trump's crap leaked them to the Times? An accountant at his tax firm, a family member, an employee at his business, someone who has lent him money... there are various possibilities. Maybe if he didn't piss so many people off he wouldn't have as many people with motives to do so.

Regardless, zero pity, because he has never been straight with us about it. But the argument anyone stole anything is laughable. There's always got to be some "other" so Trump can be the tragic hero. What a bunch of malarkey.

And it seems like after months and month of calling Biden a demented old grandpa who belongs in a retirement home, conservatives may have realized they set their own trap and stepped in it. Seems like their pre-debate theories involved performance-enhancing drugs and Biden getting fed answers from an earpiece, a wire, a "bone-conduction device" or some such. Seems like they're super confident he's gonna drool all over himself tonight, huh?

On the other hand, maybe they're on to something...

• Plus1 2

So this is supposed to be the first of three debates between Donnie Spray Tan and Joe "Bike-ridin'" Biden.

What are the odds that one or both of the other two get cancelled? Is there a chance that tonight's goes haywire and the cancel it early? I just don't see any of this stuff going as planned.

I want to watch tonight but I also can't stand hearing Drumpf's voice for more than 2 seconds. Someone needs to invent a filter that makes him sound somewhat human/sane. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, teachercd said:

No joke, there are betting props for tonight's debate!

There was also a "Biden comes out wearing a mask" prop bet but that is gone now, because everyone in the world was betting that he would come out with a mask on, s#!t I bet he comes out in a full HAZMAT outfit or maybe even a huge gerbil ball.  He is going to kill Trump on that issue.  

Also, what the hell is the "Scranton" line about?

Tuesday Sep 29 - 2020 Presidential Election - 1st Debate Props
8:00p CT
Which phrase will Donald Trump say first - If neither is said wager is canceled - Management decision is final (Max bet $250)

Trump says "Drug Test" first

+102

Trump says "Sleepy" first

Which phrase will Donald Trump say first - If neither is said wager is canceled - Management decision is final (Max bet $250)

Trump says "Fake News" first

Trump says "China Virus" first

+148

Which phrase will Joe Biden say first - If neither is said wager is canceled - Management decision is final (Max bet $250)

Biden says "Come on Man" first

+102

Biden says "Scranton" first

I'd like to see the over/unders.  I'll guess Biden says "people have died" at least 10 times.

6 hours ago, ZRod said:

I mean he's right. All it show is that he used deductions to not pay taxes. We'll never now exactly how he got those deductions unless the IRS investigated it, but anybody with a brain can tell that they are highly suspect and not something the average public would be entitled to. 

Probably because the average public [person?] does not own a dozen hotels.  It must seem pretty strange to politicians to witness their tax code as applied to productive people.  Politicians well, didn't build that.  People like the Bidens just grace an institution with their presence, deliver the same canned speech, and abracadabra money rolls in! About $4 million dollars for Biden's wayward words.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Speaking of magic money...

I read through that thread. People who think this is just showing Trump using every-day deductions really need to look at that. These aren't simple tax deductions, they're quite possibly evidence of money-laundering.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And Trump would be happy to come along

No he wouldn't. Just like any other bully, especially a racist bully, Trump is a coward. And he is weak. He likes to talk tough but his cowardice and weakness shows through in almost everything he does. I hate to use this word, but I will make an exception for Trump: he is a pu$$y. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I read through that thread. People who think this is just showing Trump using every-day deductions really need to look at that. These aren't simple tax deductions, they're quite possibly evidence of money-laundering.

“So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”

--Eric Trump said this in 2014 to a golf sportswriter - that's the same year they bought Turnberry. Not too many dots to connect anymore.

• Plus1 2