Why the Nebraska-Iowa rivalry needs more Brian Ferentz firebombs

He went after Campbell, Fleck, and now Nebraska. So he is basically complaining about everyone that is making him work a little bit harder. I am sure his dad will win another undeserved B1G coach of the year honor within the next few years and in return will extend their contracts.

• Fire 2

The sad part is that the Huskers have fallen so far that this is a thing we actually respond to now. Ugggg!

It reminders me of the Colorado games. Like Colorado then, Iowa is after blood with Nebraska, but Nebraska does not seem to be interested. Ultimately, the feeling in Lincoln around Colorado week changed, in that the intensity of Nebraska for that game increased. I feel like that is what we are seeing with Iowa. Call it a rivalry or not. Iowa wants blood, so Nebraska needs to ratchet up the intensity to fire back.

The sad part is that the Huskers have fallen so far that this is a thing we actually respond to now. Ugggg!

It reminders me of the Colorado games. Like Colorado then, Iowa is after blood with Nebraska, but Nebraska does not seem to be interested. Ultimately, the feeling in Lincoln around Colorado week changed, in that the intensity of Nebraska for that game increased. I feel like that is what we are seeing with Iowa. Call it a rivalry or not. Iowa wants blood, so Nebraska needs to ratchet up the intensity to fire back.

Could not agree more...if they don't pretty soon Iowa will no longer care about it because they will be kicking the hell out of NU.

Keep scheduling Iowa State as your marquee OOC game, meanwhile we will be in Eugene.

Guys a total toolbag.

I get that Nebraska probably scheduled the Oregon series while they were playing at a high level but it isn't like Nebraska's future out of conference opponents are all that great either. It is nice to see that you have a few future dates with Oklahoma.

Keep scheduling Iowa State as your marquee OOC game, meanwhile we will be in Eugene.

Guys a total toolbag.

I get that Nebraska probably scheduled the Oregon series while they were playing at a high level but it isn't like Nebraska's future out of conference opponents are all that great either. It is nice to see that you have a few future dates with Oklahoma.

We are trying to schedule competitive games and we have done this for awhile now. Iowa does nothing of the sort nor shows any interest in doing so
  • Fire 2

This sounds alot to me like Isaiah Thomas complaining about getting fouled in the playoffs. Schools put out noncommitable offers. Schools recruit on hope. That's the whole game. You whining about it isn't going to change it or make you above these schools because "we don't do that" I just don't know what Brian expects to see out there on the recruiting trail.

Guys a total toolbag.

Really?

Colorado

OU

Tennessee

Arizona

Oregon

These are all teams that we have scheduled in the OOC. All (except maybe Arizona) have had success recently and have the ability to be a tough opponent when we see them.

• Fire 1

He went after Campbell, Fleck, and now Nebraska. So he is basically complaining about everyone that is making him work a little bit harder. I am sure his dad will win another undeserved B1G coach of the year honor within the next few years and in return will extend their contracts.

1000% the bolded. These new staffs recruiting operations are probably light years ahead of where Iowa's is.

• Fire 1

Guys a total toolbag.

Also scheduled USC, Washington, UCLA, Miami and VaTech when they were all playing at a high level. When we played them, perhaps a different story.