Nebraska / Oklahoma Rivalry

Rivals  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With conference realignment these days that very well could happen. $51.1 million per year also is a big incentive for teams wanting into the Big Ten.

I do think at some point Oklahoma & Kansas will be in the Big Ten. The sticking point with this is the "state schools" in Oklahoma State & Kansas State.

I would love to have the Nebraska-Oklahoma game back as an annual conference clash on Thanksgiving weekend. What a weekend of college football that could be if it was Nebraska-Oklahoma in the Big Ten West, with Michigan-Ohio State in the Big Ten East.

veering off course for a post, KU does not care one iota about K-state. they basically stole a medical school from another state college. KU will do what is best for KU and to hell with anyone else.

back to the topic, no one has mentioned the third bumper sticker that was out there "my two favorite teams are nebraska and whoever is playing oklahoma".

We as Nebraska fans consider this to be our only rivalry. I do not think it was (The) rivalry for Oklahoma. I know Texas was always their largest arch rival.

I know we had bumper stickers galore about the games, but has anyone ever seen one from Oklahoma claiming such animosity towards Nebraska. I think Oklahoma respected Nebraska, not so much Texas.

I have no idea if there were Oklahoma bumper stickers, serious question. If not then I would say the rivalry was more one sided than we think.

I loved the game, but before I wished, begged for the return of the annual game, I would like to see Nebraska return to a level of respectability on the playing field. Not ducking them, but smart enough to know you don't run headlong into a fight that currently you have no chance of winning, just because we used to play them. But if they joined the Big 10 I would welcome them as it would make this conference feel more like home.

You can have more then one rivalry, UM has MSU, OSU, ND and Rutgers thinks we have one with them as well :D

But I digress.Nebraska and Oklahoma, definitely a Rivalry, one that is currently on hiatus, much like UM was on hiatus with ND for a while, Because come game day, all the excitement comes back flooding in, in fact a break brings more intensity. Now, if Oklahoma joined B1G you can be assured Huskers would play them every year and the little flame again would turn to a nice raging fire.

• Fire 2