OWH: Telltale signs gathered in offseason suggest Nebraska football will travel bumpy road

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not reading this article, not giving Lee the publicity, but I'll ask everyone who did read it the same question I've been asking myself for going on a year now:  Did you learn anything that you didn't already know from a Lee Barfknecht article today? 

The World Herald has some really good writers covering Husker sports, folks I learn things from all the time.  Lee is not one of them, and hasn't been for a long, long time.

EDIT

Out of curiosity, did Lee list this as one of the reasons we'll go 7-5?  Because this, BY FAR, is the biggest reason that'll happen.

No he didn't, and this could be a factor for sure, but truthfully I don't think Nebraska has had real good senior leadership in a long time.  My last real recollection of good senior leadership is maybe BP first year as HC.  

While I don't think I would be smiling and laughing after a loss, I don't see a problem with it. We always hear "don't get too high or too low". You don't want your players moping around after a loss. Brainweak sounded like someone killed his iguana every time we lost. Bo was a ball of fire after a loss.

It makes sense though; if you listen to Riley's tone in the post-game pressers, you can hardly tell if it was a loss or a win. It's nice to see Riley is changing the culture.

Whether you prefer Bo or Riley, we can all agree having cohesive attitude is better for a team.

This year couldn't be any bigger of a mystery.  Maybe Lee does come out and actually not throw picks and somehow they're able to move the ball against a decent defense.  I'm not talking Arkansas State here.  Against teams with an actual pulse.  

The Diaco hire looks good on paper but does he improve our defense or do they look lost and out of place?  

What about Nebraska's run game?  Offensive line play?

Lots of very legit questions.  

Lee gon Lee. An opposing coach saying if they play perfect football the game is winnable is "trash talk" smh.

Since Miles was retained he's been on a mission to tell people the basketball program is headed in the right direction, when there is absolutely no evidence of that and in fact a ton of evidence to the contrary. 

bagdad-bob.jpg

That article was one of the biggest steamiest piles of sh!t I've read in a long time. It's almost as if he knew how his little collection of gripes had absolutely nothing to do with his hypothesis...but he wrote it anyway. Is that all it takes to be a sportswriter these days? Throw a bunch of unrelated anecdotes at the wall and intimate it means something. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

I guess I am not sure but is Lee maybe writing about the laughing and joking around to toss the idea out to the readers that there are still toxins?  

IDK, the only toxin I sensed was his article. Lee really should find something better suited to his limited abilities.