Tre Bryant

REDFANATIC

6 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

How about Lambeau Field ?  Warmer climate that Lincoln ?

I commented that they have heating coils underneath the playing surface in Lambeau.

Also, the marching band uses Memorial Stadium to practice their routines. If that was on a grass surface, that's even more use. I don't know why you think grass is such a superior playing surface. 

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

Nope, just wondering if you have ever been on it?  It is very soft.  I think it is a non factor, it isn't the artificial turf.  I have played on the artificial turf.  It sucked.  Field turf can be even softer than grass, depending on the type of grass and soil.

Its rough because it is soft.  20 some years and 4 div 1 soccer or real grass no problems until sophmore year at Creighton and a torn acl/miniscus thanks to a crappy take down by Duke from behind.  2 years on the new type of turf with ground up tires the 2nd and 3rd acl repair.  Maybe the 2nd and 3 were due to the previous take down but even with the concrete in Nevada never had an issue with me knees and ankles until after I played on it.

I remeber seeing him at 21 carries at some point during the third quarter and I though to myself "I hope they sit him the rest of the night, we need him for the rest of the season". Pretty stupid that he got that many carries in the first game of the year, a game which was pretty much in hand until the last 4 or 5 minutes.

Tre is going to be a hell of a back, but the coaches need to take care of him. Giving him 31 carries in the first game of the year is ridiculous!

28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I commented that they have heating coils underneath the playing surface in Lambeau.

Also, the marching band uses Memorial Stadium to practice their routines. If that was on a grass surface, that's even more use. I don't know why you think grass is such a superior playing surface. 

Actually, Lambeau is heated with lights that move on wheels. Kind of like our pivots around here, but with light not water. 

Final post (derailed from original Tre topic) .......... Hank Hill = Me

hqdefault.jpg

and propane and propane accessories

BTW, you ever watched "Suite Smells of Excess" episode?   Hank and the guys take Bobby to a Texas/Nebraska college football game.   I think this author is NU fan.

http://watchcartoonsonline.eu/watch/king-of-the-hill-season-12-episode-1-suite-smells-of-excess/

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I remeber seeing him at 21 carries at some point during the third quarter and I though to myself "I hope they sit him the rest of the night, we need him for the rest of the season". Pretty stupid that he got that many carries in the first game of the year, a game which was pretty much in hand until the last 4 or 5 minutes.

Tre is going to be a hell of a back, but the coaches need to take care of him. Giving him 31 carries in the first game of the year is ridiculous!

Hopefully coaches know they have a game changer in Tre and are just simply saving him for game day. Will say that many carries and yards should make potential RB recruits take notice.

Wow - 3 weeks ago posters said how telling our running game was because no one was good enough to take the lead - now Tre goes for 200 ish and we rip the staff for running a guy that has proven to the staff that he is our guy.... As conveyed by Osborne this is a tough place to coach.

Glad we don't have a pro baseball team - seems like the staff would get ripped every night when the starting pitcher comes out and gets his bag of ice.

• Plus1 1

Bryant, Nebraska 31 attempts 192 yards

Jackson, N'western 30 attempts 109 yards

Dobbins, tOSU 29 attempts 181 yards

Agree 31 is a lot of carries to sustain per game.  Since we don't know how the rest of the season will play out,  looking only at the first weekend it's comparable to other BIG running backs who's teams needed them.  It also appeared Tre had the green light to pull himself for a breather whenever he wanted, which he did a  couple times that I saw. 

The one thing I'd like to see him get better at is avoiding direct contact.  Some backs are so durable because they never take the big hit, they always manage to find a way to avoid the direct hit.  Maybe it's a talent more than a skill that can be learned, but I'd still sure like to see him make that a point of focus.