Tre Bryant

REDFANATIC

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Wow - 3 weeks ago posters said how telling our running game was because no one was good enough to take the lead - now Tre goes for 200 ish and we rip the staff for running a guy that has proven to the staff that he is our guy.... As conveyed by Osborne this is a tough place to coach.

Glad we don't have a pro baseball team - seems like the staff would get ripped every night when the starting pitcher comes out and gets his bag of ice.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that I was not allowed to criticize the coaches for almost giving a RB a record number of carries in a gimme game.

So in the offseason there were some complaining that Riley/Langs don't run the ball enough. Then in camp some complained that we must not have good RBs because there was going to be a committee. 

Then in the first game, we have a RB run 31 times and almost reach 200 yards. However, some people still complain. 

Classic.

• Plus1 6

45 minutes ago, Roger Dorn said:
45 minutes ago, Roger Dorn said:

So in the offseason there were some complaining that Riley/Langs don't run the ball enough. Then in camp some complained that we must not have good RBs because there was going to be a committee. 

Then in the first game, we have a RB run 31 times and almost reach 200 yards. However, some people still complain. 

Classic.

Not complaining that a RB had 31 carries. Complaing that a back that only had 43 carries for 172 yards ALL of last season, sat out of fall practice due to "wear and tear" issues with his knee and sat out of practice Monday due to swelling on his knee.

Our fan base is bat sh%$ crazy sometimes.  I am convinced we could beat Oregon next week by three touchdowns and someone would have some reason to complain.  I have no issue with that but I do wonder why guys enjoy complaining about the team they love so much?  

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Should cross-reference all the people complaining in this thread with the people who predicted Wilbon or Ozigbo would win the starting job.

Wasn't me.

I don't understand why a RB who was held out for knee stuff in preseason getting over 30 carries in the opener isn't a valid criticism. Seems par for the road with this staff though, not paying attention to the details.

21 hours ago, ZRod said:

I remeber seeing him at 21 carries at some point during the third quarter and I though to myself "I hope they sit him the rest of the night, we need him for the rest of the season". Pretty stupid that he got that many carries in the first game of the year, a game which was pretty much in hand until the last 4 or 5 minutes.

Tre is going to be a hell of a back, but the coaches need to take care of him. Giving him 31 carries in the first game of the year is ridiculous!

this is from a .500 coach. this is a perfect example of why Riley sucks!  piss poor judgement.

I have been an Ozigbo fan and would have liked to see all three of the ''co-number ones" get some decent carries.   I know there are a bunch who like Tre and I don't disagree although I would like to see him run a little lower/foward and not take some many hits to the legs, etc.  He looks good and if he has a short coming, it is his straight away speed.  He did well.  I just feel we have three good runners and when we didn't believe we could run the ball for 2 yards on a 4th and 2 at their 4 in the first series, I was quite dismayed.  That is one of those cases where you need to be the agressor and make a statement to your O line and team and to the opponent that you intend to bury them and will shove it in there and if by chance you fail, you know your Blackshirts will do the job.   You put the big boys in there and you push them back.