Tre Bryant

REDFANATIC

14 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

31 carries is asking for trouble, fatigue at least. the kid had to feel beat up, the other guys could have played well too, but sat their scratching their asses,  good job MR. There is a limit to even a good thing.

Rex Burkhead – 38 carries

Cory Ross – 37 carries

Rick Berns – 36 carries

Ameer Abdullah – 35 carries

Ahman Green - 34 carries

Rick Berns - 33 carries

Mike Rozier – 33 carries

Larry Phillips – 33 carries

Mike Rozier – 32 carries

Mike Rozier – 32 carries

DeAngelo Evans - 32 carries

Josh Davis – 32 carries

Mike Rozier – 31 carries

Ameer Abdullah - 31 carries

Carry on...............................

• Plus1 8

4 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Rex Burkhead – 38 carries

Cory Ross – 37 carries

Rick Berns – 36 carries

Ameer Abdullah – 35 carries

Ahman Green - 34 carries

Rick Berns - 33 carries

Mike Rozier – 33 carries

Larry Phillips – 33 carries

Mike Rozier – 32 carries

Mike Rozier – 32 carries

DeAngelo Evans - 32 carries

Josh Davis – 32 carries

Mike Rozier – 31 carries

Ameer Abdullah - 31 carries

Carry on...............................

Thanks for posting this- I was about to do the same.  The same guys would complain had we not ran him enough...  "should have stuck with what was working" lol.  Can't wait to read on Monday no matter what happens... It's like a soap opera for football guys.    

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, bhunt7 said:

30+ carries in game one isn't a huge deal and shouldn't be too tough a task for most RBs. The issue is there's a long season ahead of us and RBs can take a beating over time. With Wilbon, Ozigbo, Rose, Mazour, and Bradley all able and ready, we shouldn't need to rely so heavily on Bryant. 

that was my point, that type of work load week in and week out will be tough to duplicate for the season.........which I doubt we will see anyway, it just seems like over kill on one guy, when you have other backs who are very close in talent.  ride the good horse to death....next man up.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

that was my point, that type of work load week in and week out will be tough to duplicate for the season.........which I doubt we will see anyway, it just seems like over kill on one guy, when you have other backs who are very close in talent.  ride the good horse to death....next man up.

With knee concerns throughout camp, less carries would be good IMO.  31 is a lot in one game, BUT shouldn't be a mission stopper.  Now 31 every game and I think a lot of guys would get worn down/worn out before season ends.  Especially when the B1G is a more physical conference than most......

To add that Rozier, in 1983, averaged 23 carries per game.  Rozier was a different beast than most runners. One doesn't get the Hypesman and all those records without being a beast.  Tre, and most backs, have a long way to go be mentioned in the same sentence as Rozier.  Not a knock on them, but acknowledgement of what he did.  Even he didn't run 30+ every game.

I am a huge fan of the running game. Without a QB to shoulder some of the load i.e. most previous NU QB's, the average number of carries might be higher under Riley and Co for a "featured" back.....

• Plus1 1

On 9/4/2017 at 5:59 PM, REDFANATIC said:

So Tre had 31 carries (4 shy of a record) on Saturday. Was held out of practices this fall due to wear on his knee issues. Missed today's practice due to swelling on his knee. What were the coaches thinking giving him that many carries? He totted the rock exceptionally! I'm worried about his durability on a questionable knee. I'm no Dr. But if that knee keeps him from practices something has to be up.

Exactly.... the Race Warrier could've carried at least a third of those and does anyone know what happened to Ozigbo?

We have a bunch of good backs, let's not abuse them.

The real issue isn't the decision to run him that much. That certainly makes sense, in terms of wanting to win the game. He was playing well and he was creating holes that maybe others would not have created. At times, he made his line look very good. He wasnt seeing a giant hole and just falling forward.

The real issue is that you were in the position in such a game where you felt like that had to be a decision.

Tre had a good game for sure.  However, if he has a 'ify' knee, it may have been smarter to avoid risking a month of knew rehab over a dozen carries that could easily have been handled by Wilbon and Ozigbo.  Tre appears to be a good all purpose RB but as his 31 carries did not produce even one 'take it to the house' run.  If he doesn't produce one in a game vs Ark State where the run game was actually working fairly well, then it suggests he may not be the home run back we can use.  Wilbon appears to be the quickest/fastest of the trio while Ozigbo is the most powerful.   Obviously, Tre must offer the preferred pass protection and or pass receiving abilities in my view.  However, not sure if he actually caught many balls.