I guess we are over Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

Husk I get where you're coming from, but I'm pretty happy for players I'm fans of to have bright futures beyond their time of service to the Husker uniform. And I'm beyond stoked that Nebraska has got a QB being talked about in these terms. I hope recruits pay attention to that....and not to the current reaction from Husker fans.

7 hours ago, commando said:

do any of our players do anything positive?  or are all of them sad pathetic losers?

I don't think many people expected McStoltenburg to be such a stout presence in the middle.  He's been excellent so far.

I think the offensive line has done a decent job of doing what's been asked of them and it's horsesh#t that people are trying to blame them for Lee's errant passes..

Tre Bryant has been excellent.

Caleb Lightbourn is in the running for most improved player.

A. Williams had a good game against Oregon.

Also, Stan is the man!

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, unlfan said:

The X and O's Jimmies and Joe's saying applies. If you are relying upon a ridiculously complex system to win you games, you simply aren't a top flight program.

Everybody in the world knows exactly what Alabama is going to do, they are just unable to stop it.

This doesn't make sense when our system is pretty much the same one Wisconsin and Iowa run. They run it differently but I promise the playbooks don't look all that different. Playbook isn't the problem 

I watched Lee's game, Horningbrook's game, the USC QB's game and then Dak Prescott for the cowboys all in one day. Lee is not ready for the NFL. There is no comparison to his accuracy and Dak's or Eli Manning's. Even Sam's at USC is way above Tanmer's. 

i also made another observation. It is really hard to win college football games with a pro style, immobile QB who sits in the pocket, unless you have all American offensive linemen and some very good, big, wide receivers. Otherwise he needs to throw short, quick, slant passes that tear into a zone because an offense designed to need 3 seconds in the pocket to go through read progressions and wait for plays to develop is going to get him sacked and throwing the ball away over and over again. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, girlknowsfootball said:

I watched Lee's game, Horningbrook's game, the USC QB's game and then Dak Prescott for the cowboys all in one day. Lee is not ready for the NFL. There is no comparison to his accuracy and Dak's or Eli Manning's. Even Sam's at USC is way above Tanmer's. 

i also made another observation. It is really hard to win college football games with a pro style, immobile QB who sits in the pocket, unless you have all American offensive linemen and some very good, big, wide receivers. Otherwise he needs to throw short, quick, slant passes that tear into a zone because an offense designed to need 3 seconds in the pocket to go through read progressions and wait for plays to develop is going to get him sacked and throwing the ball away over and over again. 

A number of us have been saying this ever since Riley was named as head coach, and why a number of us aren't a big fan of Riley's offensive style.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Speaking of, I just read that Dak Prescott set an NFL record by only throwing 4 picks through his first 17 games. 

He may not have prototype this and that, but at some point skill and smarts just seem to overcome all that stuff.

Dak Prescott is a stud.  He was the only reason Mississippi State was any good while he was there, and he's doing great with the Cowboys.  It helps that he has a great o-line and RB with Dallas, but he also makes plays with his feet and makes the right decisions most of the time.

As a side note, there were people saying that Patrick O'Brien is the same size as Dak Prescott, when I would comment about POB being a statue QB.  I understand size is only one comparison, but until POB plays a down for NU, he shouldn't be compared to Dak Prescott.

12 hours ago, unlfan said:

The X and O's Jimmies and Joe's saying applies. If you are relying upon a ridiculously complex system to win you games, you simply aren't a top flight program.

Everybody in the world knows exactly what Alabama is going to do, they are just unable to stop it.

Your comment makes me feel like we're watching two different football teams.

I see almost the exact opposite. What I see out there for us is a simplistic, pro-style offense where the majority of 1st & 2nd down plays are runs until the passing game opens up. I'm honestly not seeing anything complicated with what we're doing. 

What makes people think our system is overly or 'ridiculously' complex?

I don't intend this to be an insult, but that sounds like little more than an over simplification or rationalization of something someone doesn't understand. I don't get the feeling our offense is too difficult. I think we have an underwhelming offensive line, a quarterback that can get jittery and some inconsistency in the receiving corp.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

What makes people think our system is overly or 'ridiculously' complex?

I don't intend this to be an insult, but that sounds like little more than an over simplification or rationalization of something someone doesn't understand. I don't get the feeling our offense is too difficult. I think we have an underwhelming offensive line, a quarterback that can get jittery and some inconsistency in the receiving corp.

Bill Callahan's offense was complex and we don't know anything about WCO/pro-style offenses other than Callahan ran one so this one must be complex too.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, girlknowsfootball said:

Did you just talk about accuracy and then say Eli Manning?  Try watching Nebraska QBs for the last 10 years and then watch Green Bay games on Sunday and see Aaron Rodgers.  It gets a little depressing, but I am a Packer fan so I love me some Rodgers.  Doesn't change the fact that the gap is as wide as the Milky Way between our guys and ARod.