What D do u "want" to see vs NIU... and What D do u "expect" to see vs. NIU?

Red_Payne

I expect our D to penetrate the opposition repeatedly, to stiffen when the need arises, and for it to intimidate people watching.  

What will most likely happen is that our D will limp into action, remain flaccid for too long, and finally toughen up at the end, only to blow its momentum too soon. 

17 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I expect our D to penetrate the opposition repeatedly, to stiffen when the need arises, and for it to intimidate people watching.  

What will most likely happen is that our D will limp into action, remain flaccid for too long, and finally toughen up at the end, only to blow its momentum too soon. 

We are still talking football....right?

24 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

latest?cb=20131001103033

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Dont want to see Newby and Gifford covering receivers 20 yards down the field.. 

I think the cushion that Diaco has them give receivers is 15-18 yards, so we should be good there. :thumbs

---

Seriously, I want to see more nickel/dime packages in obvious passing downs and when/if an offense is prone to passing, especially on first down and/or second/short.  More man to man, less zone to rough up/get in the head of receivers more, and more blitzing/stunts out of nickel/dime packages, especially towards the last few minutes of the game. Nothing bothers me more than to see us run prevent to 'keep everything in front of us' and not attack. 

Someone posted elsewhere (or maybe it was this thread...I can't recall) that Diaco may still be holding stuff back for conference play...and if they're right, it had better pay dividends (like, going to Indy dividends). I don't think he's doing that...but nothing is shocking anymore.