No respectable head coaching candidate will accept a job with Nebraska now

15 minutes ago, lo country said:

On this we can agree....Great player.  Not so much as a coach...

My concern with Frost, I like him as a choice, is if he fails.........Imagine the prodigal son returning home and failing....I could then see it being nearly impossible to get someone to come here.  Then there are the rumors that he would never come to NU.  So who knows.  Just because they played at NU doesn't mean they'd be a great coach here.  Some are simply great payers.

We're just speculating and ANY hire could bomb producing the same result. I think you're putting too much importance into instant success, I'm sure many of us just want to look like Nebraska again and get guys in here who know what that is.

7 hours ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

C'mon folks, the Program is now a full-blown dumpster-fire of a train-wreck.  From inept regents, administration, and AD to entitlement-minded fans and back-stabbing sports writers NOBODY worth his salt will touch this cancerous toad of a Program - doesn't matter what the salary is.  Heck, this Program was on life-support after Solich, Callahan, and then when Bo was wrongly fired and Riley took over...there was no margin for error with the Riley hire.

It's over, folks.

You're right, burn it all down.  Get some gas cans and matches and start the bonfire, we will all behind you shortly, promise.

The Saban talk is dream talk. The dude has a machine running down in Alabama and there is zero reason for him to leave that. At this point my guess is he doesn't have to work real hard for that team to be great with what he has around him and he'd have to work his tail off here to get things back on the right track.

7 hours ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

C'mon folks, the Program is now a full-blown dumpster-fire of a train-wreck.  From inept regents, administration, and AD to entitlement-minded fans and back-stabbing sports writers NOBODY worth his salt will touch this cancerous toad of a Program - doesn't matter what the salary is.  Heck, this Program was on life-support after Solich, Callahan, and then when Bo was wrongly fired and Riley took over...there was no margin for error with the Riley hire.

It's over, folks.

I think you are projecting.  Take a shower and go get a nice latte.