Just watched replay

mwj98

12 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Forgot: It is inexcusable for us to trotting out the WR's we are and Tyjon Lindsey not getting a single touch. 

I agree - IIRC, they had three scholarship WR's on the field Saturday, Lindsey being one of them. Lindsey didn't have a single reception unless the participation report is deceiving me. Lee isn't distributing the ball very well and, given how poor he's playing, they have to find ways to get the ball out of his hand safely. Trouble is they've struggled to do just about anything well this year.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I agree - IIRC, they had three scholarship WR's on the field Saturday, Lindsey being one of them. Lindsey didn't have a single reception unless the participation report is deceiving me. Lee isn't distributing the ball very well and, given how poor he's playing, they have to find ways to get the ball out of his hand safely. Trouble is they've struggled to do just about anything well this year.

Pretty sure I read Lee only targeted three WRs.  Which would have to be Spielman, DPE and Rahm who actually had catches.

Unless whoever posted that stat meant only three WRs had catches but it was definitely worded as "targeted".

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Pretty sure I read Lee only targeted three WRs.  Which would have to be Spielman, DPE and Rahm who actually had catches.

Unless whoever posted that stat meant only three WRs had catches but it was definitely worded as "targeted".

That sounds right - I think I've heard that in several places the last couple days.

I struggle to figure out how they'll address it, though. The jet sweep game is spotty. All manners of the screen game have been inconsistent. They don't run the ball overly well. Many of the things a team can traditionally do to offset WR and QB struggles are unreliable with this team.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

It doesn't necessarily mean anything but I know Young was targeted at least once...I think your point still has legs though. 

14 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Holy $hit. Just rewatched part of the game, the WR and TE's we are currently sending on the field is pathetic. 

Consistently playing Rahn, Young, Claussen....especially at the same time is disastrous. Ketter and Hoppes are getting killed at the LOS. 

Agreed. Hoppes is not playing good football. 

When you put two tight ends on the line for a power set to run the ball and neither is blocking well, you're asking your I-Back to run into a big cluster. We have done that over and over in the first four games. 

Tomorrow night's game is a big one for me in my opinion of Langsdorf. Either the guy adjusts and does something different or he doesn't. If he doesn't, Wisconsin will blow us out and this staff is on a 100% crash course towards being wiped out at the end of the year. If he does adjust, I'm hoping he roughly splits the carries between Wilbon and Ozigbo. Wilbon as the started, Ozigbo getting more carries in the second half.

• Plus1 1