What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

25 minutes ago, FTW said:

There's rumors he allegedly messed around with some coeds too. Also, he developed a drinking problem due to incredible stress on the job. Seriously, this place can wear you thin. It takes a strong leader to withstand everything.

That and his staff wasn't the disciplined machine it was under his predecessor.  Turns out the machine needs attending to if you want it to be productive.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:26 PM, Hans Gruber said:

I would imagine there's virtually no chance Alberts would turn down the job. Even if you take out the fact that he played at Nebraska, it's still a huge promotion and substantial pay increase.

All those things are true for Frost also. Let's not kid ourselves. The Nebraska head coaching job is still better than UCF. Any Group of Five head coach would have interest in Nebraska. Now they might not take the job or wait for a better job instead. But they wouldn't turn their nose at Nebraska unless there is a specific job they are waiting for.

If Baylor can get Matt Rhule, if Purdue can get Jeff Brohm and Minnesota can get P.J. Fleck, I think Nebraska could get Scott Frost if that's who they zeroed in on.

If Nebraska wants Scott Frost they will have to come up with more money than they are paying Mike Riley.  He will not command Urban Meyer money but if Nebraska wants to win like they did during the Osborne era they will have to pay a bigger name coach than Frost.  This could turn into quite a mess since it is possible Nebraska has won it last game of the 17 season.  Fans are not going to be happy by the end of November if that happens.  The pressure will be immense to get a new big name coach with a history of winning.  Not sure who that will be but Nebraska it at a major crossroad right now.  Mike Riley has painted himself into a corner and he will have to win nine games to keep the Huskers on the road to an annual top ten ranking.   It can go either way right now.  If Tanner Lee plays like he did last week against Wisconsin and the defense keeps playing the way they have since  halftime of the Oregon game we can sigh and hope for continued improvement.  But Lee was a 53% passer at Tulane and before last week was holding pretty steady at that number here.  It makes one ask what made us think moving him into the Big Ten conference would improve that percentage.  We wanted to believe that the quarterback genius (Riley) would coach him up but so far there has not been much evidence of that.  If the Illinois game was an anomaly we are in trouble Husker fans. 

I don't think Frost is coming here. It sounds more and more like Mike Riley's time is done here at NU regardless of finish. There is a name I've heard surfacing now for a couple weeks. He might be our next head coach if his current AD has his buyout waived. Heard from someone I know who said "it's the guy that whipped us 70-31."

Take that FWIW. I know Nebraska tried to get him in 2014 right after Bo was fired. Now the guy wants back in the B1G. Sounds like he regrets not taking the job 3 years ago :dunno

I don't think he'd be the best choice. Far better coaches to go after, IMO.

3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/17/athletic-director-rankings-joe-castiglione-kevin-white

Some of the guys we are talking about are on this list and all would be good gets. 

We will need to up our pay if we want OU's AD...He currently makes $1.25 M/YR.

Yeah if he comes here it is all but guaranteed Stoops will come out of retirement. Man... That would be one hell of a twist. And he brings back Bo to be his co-DC, LMFAO.

2 hours ago, FTW said:

I don't think Frost is coming here. It sounds more and more like Mike Riley's time is done here at NU regardless of finish. There is a name I've heard surfacing now for a couple weeks. He might be our next head coach if his current AD has his buyout waived. Heard from someone I know who said "it's the guy that whipped us 70-31."

Take that FWIW. I know Nebraska tried to get him in 2014 right after Bo was fired. Now the guy wants back in the B1G. Sounds like he regrets not taking the job 3 years ago :dunno

Man I'd rather just keep what we have than get Bert

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, raw1 said:

If Nebraska wants Scott Frost they will have to come up with more money than they are paying Mike Riley.  He will not command Urban Meyer money but if Nebraska wants to win like they did during the Osborne era they will have to pay a bigger name coach than Frost.  This could turn into quite a mess since it is possible Nebraska has won it last game of the 17 season.  Fans are not going to be happy by the end of November if that happens.  The pressure will be immense to get a new big name coach with a history of winning.  Not sure who that will be but Nebraska it at a major crossroad right now.  Mike Riley has painted himself into a corner and he will have to win nine games to keep the Huskers on the road to an annual top ten ranking.   It can go either way right now.  If Tanner Lee plays like he did last week against Wisconsin and the defense keeps playing the way they have since  halftime of the Oregon game we can sigh and hope for continued improvement.  But Lee was a 53% passer at Tulane and before last week was holding pretty steady at that number here.  It makes one ask what made us think moving him into the Big Ten conference would improve that percentage.  We wanted to believe that the quarterback genius (Riley) would coach him up but so far there has not been much evidence of that.  If the Illinois game was an anomaly we are in trouble Husker fans. 

Just to clarify, you’re not saying Nebraska is annually getting top ten rankings, correct? 

18 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Orgeron's payout would be $12 million if he's fired after this year.  This would be on top of the $9 million that is still being payed Les Miles.  LSU isn't going to fire Orgeron unless that place turns into a total dumpster fire.

A few more loses would equate to a dumpster fire in Baton Rouge.  Yes, the buyout there is ridiculous.

4 hours ago, FTW said:

Please no.

6 hours ago, FTW said:

source.gif

1 hour ago, Judoka said:

If Bert/Butt-Head gets tapped as HC, I may be done with NU football for a bit.

^This.  He is a complete piece of work.  HARD pass.

• Plus1 3