What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

23 hours ago, junior4949 said:

I think it's quite possible he also was Eichorst's first choice.  Here's what people really need to be asking themselves:  how would you feel about Riley had he been named the coach in 08' instead of Bo being named coach?  This really was the pinnacle of Riley's career where he was coming off of 9 and 10 win seasons finishing in the top 25.  Would you be willing to give him more time?  It's not so much that Riley was the wrong choice as much as it was the wrong time. 

It was definitely the wrong choice, and there was never a right time to hire MR.

I definitely don't think Trev is a lock but I don't think $125k is a large waste even if that's who we end up hiring.  Take a look at whoever the best candidates are that might be interested.  If Trev ends up being the best one, so be it.

But I'd much rather have an outside firm help make sure we look at all our options rather than just take the "easy" choice down the road.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I agree with Mav's point - I think you can ultimately end up with a guy like Trev and still justify paying the search firm (assuming, of course, the firm did it's due diligence and Trev really was the best available candidate when evaluating all the factors).

Great points all around.  The search firm will help Bounds and Green with the initial list of candidates, contacting them, helping set up interviews, etc.  The $125-150K for the search firm is a drop in the bucket for the athletic department.