What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

51 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

I think the Interim AD hire allows for Dave Rimington to take care of the dirty job of firing our coach just before his interim period expires. Super-hero, Trev Alberts, can arrive just in time and with his first order of business, announce the hiring of Scott Frost.

Husker Nation can then rejoice as we're reminded the importance of Nebraska is maintaining ties to our roots. Then the curtain comes to a close with Tom Osborne riding off into the sunset and a vague notion that this was made possible thanks to him.

Interesting thought but I don't think Dave is here to fire anybody. I'll take him at face value there. 

I think the admin/boosters really respect Mike as a person, and will do everything they can to give him a chance/not embarrass him.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

If that's the case though, why would they hire a search firm to find the new AD? I get that Nebraska is raking in all of that Big 10 money now, but that seems like a waste of money if you already know who you're going to hire. 

Not saying he's right but for appearance purposes. Plus doing your due diligence never hurts. 

I wish they would just give me the $125K but more has been spent for appearance sake before. 

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

No kidding...I mean I think they find coaches that would say yes for sure...if not they would just hand the new AD this list

1.  Saban

2.  Meyer

3.  Sweeney 

4.  George Halas Zombie

5.  Belichek 

LOL. I have a very close friend who is CEO of a search firm. They do a very nice job of fitting people to the jobs that are available. 

Rimington isn't firing anybody. The new AD, whoever they are, will be the one to fire or retain any head coach.

It's not a good look for your interim AD to make a staff change and then leave the position. By and large, that would be perceived as someone higher up pulling the strings.

From what I'm being told, Trev Alberts as the next AD is all but inevitable. I've met him personally, and I don't see him staying at UNO and no way in hell would he refuse the AD job at DoNU. He hired a really good hockey coach, so he at least has that going for him. Many people have this distaste for him because of his conduct towards the UNO football and wrestling programs, which is fair.

I'm a firm believer that our AD has to have ties to the program. It's the only way our culture, our football team, and our fan base is understood, and respected. Ex ADSE failed tremendously at this. Barry Alvarez and Wisconsin is a perfect example of good leadership. They've had coaching changes and haven't skipped a beat. It starts from the top down.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Rimington isn't firing anybody. The new AD, whoever they are, will be the one to fire or retain any head coach.

It's not a good look for your interim AD to make a staff change and then leave the position. By and large, that would be perceived as someone higher up pulling the strings.

Yeah, Riley will finish the season UNLESS we find a permanent AD before the season is over. If this happens, then I believe it's very possible MR could get relieved of his duties during the season and that's only if the wheels come off entirely which unfortunately is a possibility at this point.

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I get what you are saying BUT (huge but) if they do get Frost and his does well here he will be here for 25 years...he wouldn't leave for another job if he was winning the West every other year.  You know?

Yes, I'm hoping if we do get Frost he breaks the cycle. Just pointing out how amazingly cyclical we have been since Oz retired. 

11 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

Interesting thought but I don't think Dave is here to fire anybody. I'll take him at face value there. 

I think the admin/boosters really respect Mike as a person, and will do everything they can to give him a chance/not embarrass him.

My post was half satire, hence all the colorful notions.

I agree with the consensus that Rimington won't fire anyone.

With that said, for people who want Riley gone, Trev might be a good choice. He's shown before that he's not afraid to drop the ax.

11 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Go for Craig Bohl?

No. 

2 hours ago, FTW said:

From what I'm being told, Trev Alberts as the next AD is all but inevitable. I've met him personally, and I don't see him staying at UNO and no way in hell would he refuse the AD job at DoNU. He hired a really good hockey coach, so he at least has that going for him. Many people have this distaste for him because of his conduct towards the UNO football and wrestling programs, which is fair.

I'm a firm believer that our AD has to have ties to the program. It's the only way our culture, our football team, and our fan base is understood, and respected. Ex ADSE failed tremendously at this. Barry Alvarez and Wisconsin is a perfect example of good leadership. They've had coaching changes and haven't skipped a beat. It starts from the top down.

Eichorst hired a really good basketball coach at Miami.