What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

No matter what haters think, Nebraska is still a prestigious job because the fans love the team and the sellout record speaks volumes about the fans who come in week after week to support their beloved Huskers. No one is turning this job down if the $ amount is right. TREV and Frost will not turn the job down because they are and will always be HUSKERS at heart. GO BIG RED!

I don't think Alberts will be offered an AD position at any other program nearly as large as Nebraska.  We will see about Frost.  There will be other great jobs at the end of the year such as LSU, Tenn, and maybe UCLA,  but Frost knows better than most the best Lincoln has to offer.  It will come to not only money, but the best fit where he can succeed.  LSU has huge upside in recruiting classes, but the pressure to win immediately there is worse than here.  Does he want to be in the SEC?  He has had a taste of the south and the West Coast so it will be interesting.  

1 hour ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I don't think Alberts will be offered an AD position at any other program nearly as large as Nebraska.  We will see about Frost.  There will be other great jobs at the end of the year such as LSU, Tenn, and maybe UCLA,  but Frost knows better than most the best Lincoln has to offer.  It will come to not only money, but the best fit where he can succeed.  LSU has huge upside in recruiting classes, but the pressure to win immediately there is worse than here.  Does he want to be in the SEC?  He has had a taste of the south and the West Coast so it will be interesting.  

I personally don't think the LSU job will be open at the end of the season. From what I understand the payout for him to be fired is ridiculously high. Tennessee and UCLA aren't better jobs than Nebraska IMO, not saying that's what you're saying.

4 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I personally don't think the LSU job will be open at the end of the season. From what I understand the payout for him to be fired is ridiculously high. Tennessee and UCLA aren't better jobs than Nebraska IMO, not saying that's what you're saying.

Orgeron's payout would be $12 million if he's fired after this year.  This would be on top of the $9 million that is still being payed Les Miles.  LSU isn't going to fire Orgeron unless that place turns into a total dumpster fire.

• Plus1 1

Let's not forget that the two years before they went winless they were 12-1 and 9-4.  So the cupboard did not seem to be all that bare.  O'Leary might have just mailed it in during his last season.  Frost might be the answer, but for once let's actually have some due diligence in this process for AD and any potential new coach.

I still want to see a win over Wisconsin at night and this ship righted from now on, that is the best case scenario.  Mainly because I will be in attendance on Saturday night.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

We should hire UCF’s AD. And I’m being completely serious. 

Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities. Danny White (UCF AD) is the son of Kevin White who is currently the AD at Duke and was previously at Notre Dame. His name has been mentioned in consideration. He's made two pretty good looking hires for UCF's biggest sports (Frost - football, Johnny Dawkins - basketball)

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'd bet my pants he "took his name out of consideration" because he wasn't being seriously considered. 

The World-Herald says he sent a memo to his staff that said he had been contacted by the search firm to interview for the position and he turned the opportunity down.

Personally, I'm glad he's not interviewing as I felt (and still do feel) there are much better candidates out there. I was disappointed in some of the things that happened surrounding football/wrestling at UNO (mainly with some behind the scenes and PR things) so I'm glad this is now something people can stop talking about.

• Plus1 1