R Da BlackShirts Bak?

ScottyIce

1 hour ago, soup said:

They have also only allowed 200 yards or less in back to back games. Which hasn’t been done in 16 years. Think of all the crappy teams we have played in 16 years

We have played consecutive teams that ranked this low in total offense in that span; 2015 had Minnesota and Northwestern both finishing below 100 that year in that stat. I'm pretty sure that's not a lone example, I just happen to remember that.

Rutgers and Illinois are special teams, though. The only remaining game either has any real chance of winning is against the other. We have to go way, way back to remember two conference teams that were both that bad.

After the turnover, the way the D came out, forced two sacks in a row and took it to Illinois to immediately swing back all the momentum in the game I realized there is something special brewing.  It's a disservice to the players to minimize that kind of determination and effort and I'm a little embarrassed to be a Husker fan after reading some of the previous comments.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, soup said:

They have also only allowed 200 yards or less in back to back games. Which hasn’t been done in 16 years. Think of all the crappy teams we have played in 16 years.

tonight was the fewest points given up on the road in over 20 years. Like back to the 90s man. Again think of all of the crappy teams that we have played.  

Yes the offenses were were not good, and there is a lot to work on, but they just did some things that haven’t been done in a generation.  

I tend to agree. This team doesn't have the talent of the 90s Ds but they are playing their butts off. 

That's where these steak stats are so silly, it starts becoming some big thing that it really isn't because it's so manicured and contextual. I'm not picking on this particular one, it's any of these kind of soundbite stats that are so popular these days. They tend to present a lot more meaning than they really have.

What did I say in the 'learning' thread....."As Expected". This being the internet and people having attention spans that rival squirrels, I doubt too many people actually thought about that comment. If you did, you'd know that "As Expected" is as much of what we are wanting from the bygone days as win totals or conference titles or any of that other stuff. You didn't celebrate beating a team like the late 80s Jayhawks or Wildcats. You sat down that morning, read your paper, got ready for the game and you knew it would go "As Expected".

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, brophog said:

That's where these steak stats are so silly, it starts becoming some big thing that it really isn't because it's so manicured and contextual. I'm not picking on this particular one, it's any of these kind of soundbite stats that are so popular these days. They tend to present a lot more meaning than they really have.

What did I say in the 'learning' thread....."As Expected". This being the internet and people having attention spans that rival squirrels, I doubt too many people actually thought about that comment. If you did, you'd know that "As Expected" is as much of what we are wanting from the bygone days as win totals or conference titles or any of that other stuff. You didn't celebrate beating a team like the late 80s Jayhawks or Wildcats. You sat down that morning, read your paper, got ready for the game and you knew it would go "As Expected".

I remember those "Expected" years. Only time I worried was the Okl and a bowl game. 

I would like to think we have a chance, to at least get back to where it will come down to, just one game every year for a division crown. 

For the blackshirts to be the blackshirts most of us remember, the offense has to also step up and do their part. Yesterdays game, though it was Ill, showed they have the right blue print. Now lets see if they can keep improving on it. The next two games will tell us a lot, how close the blackshirts are to being back.

GBR!!!

Here is the thing with playing a crappy offense...you are supposed to shut them down and the Huskers have.  

Diaco very clearly has a plan and it has been working as of late.  I like how he uses his blitzes.  

I think the most telling thing is that right now, when the other team gets the ball in plus territory, the defense responds very well.