Harbaugh on Frost

It was interesting if you watched the game, Scott was right, of course Harbaugh had to defend his players but UCF probably would have won that game 2 out of 3 times and if you're watching the game between Memphis and UCF, the same Memphis that beat UCLA, the announcers are basically a Scott Frost commercial for moving on to the next big time program- in December- and man is UCF well coached and they run an offense that is unlike our explosive based on RPO / RRO

Dam I hope we get him and his staff

• Plus1 3

"Impressed with their toughness, aggression and speed".........3 words you will not hear in describing NU......

Although Florida is a hot bed for recruiting, he is going head to head with Jimbo, Richt, McElwain, Strong and other schools in Florida for that same Florida speed.....

If Riley's gone, make the call.  

• Plus1 2

Here's the problem, we want to win games right? So what happens if Riley beats Wisconsin, keeps it close with Ohio State and wins the rest of the games minus say Penn State? Granted, I don't think that happens, but you can't fire a dude that takes us to Indy. Unless he decides to retire he'd get another year. His record would be 8-4 or maybe even 9-3. Makes it nearly impossible to fire him IMO.  

17 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Here's the problem, we want to win games right? So what happens if Riley beats Wisconsin, keeps it close with Ohio State and wins the rest of the games minus say Penn State? Granted, I don't think that happens, but you can't fire a dude that takes us to Indy. Unless he decides to retire he'd get another year. His record would be 8-4 or maybe even 9-3. Makes it nearly impossible to fire him IMO.  

After watching Illinois again, I'm not too worried about that. Our best still isn't very good.

9 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

One thing that will not be that much of an issue is money- unlike what the masses may think, money isn't the main thing to getting SF to coach at Nebraska

I somewhat agree. I think Frost, assuming he keeps trending upward, will be eyeing some serious dough at a next job.

There's a good chance several 'better' jobs will also be open by season's end (LSU, Tennessee). Assuming Frost does really well with UCF this year, his name will be thrown around for those jobs and he'd have to at least think about it. Plus, if I were in his shoes, I know I'd be thinking 'do I really want to go back to the place I played college football and a place I have a fairly positive legacy at? What if I fail?'

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

I somewhat agree. I think Frost, assuming he keeps trending upward, will be eyeing some serious dough at a next job.

There's a good chance several 'better' jobs will also be open by season's end (LSU, Tennessee). Assuming Frost does really well with UCF this year, his name will be thrown around for those jobs and he'd have to at least think about it. Plus, if I were in his shoes, I know I'd be thinking 'do I really want to go back to the place I played college football and a place I have a fairly positive legacy at? What if I fail?'

LSU and Tennessee seem to be the same situation as Nebraska- delusional fans who expect immediate results, yeah LSU is more relevant than Nebraska, probably Tennessee too and they might offer more $$ but, Nebraska is his home and as with all successful coaches, hes not thinking he'll fail no matter where he goes.

BTW- there is no doubt in my mind that UCF is a top 25 team- and from watching UCF win big over Maryland and Memphis, and the fact that there are only about 3 teams left on the schedule that have a chance to beat them, he will have to make a decision about all this by the end of the season

18 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

It's a good problem to have.

You keep Riley another season and hope Frost stays at UCF. If he doesn't stay at UCF, you hope he doesn't go to a blue blood program that keeps him forever.

3 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

LSU and Tennessee seem to be the same situation as Nebraska- delusional fans who expect immediate results, yeah LSU is more relevant than Nebraska, probably Tennessee too and they might offer more $$ but, Nebraska is his home and as with all successful coaches, hes not thinking he'll fail no matter where he goes.

BTW- there is no doubt in my mind that UCF is a top 25 team- and from watching UCF win big over Maryland and Memphis, and the fact that there are only about 3 teams left on the schedule that have a chance to beat them, he will have to make a decision about all this by the end of the season

Tennessee, LSU, Texas - all in better situations than ours because the recruiting is always there. They just need to quit hiring crappy coaches. Nebraska needs a great coach but also a good recruiter.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Tennessee, LSU, Texas - all in better situations than ours because the recruiting is always there. They just need to quit hiring crappy coaches. Nebraska needs a great coach but also a good recruiter.

How well will Frost be able to recruit to Nebraska? Can we just reassign Riley to a "analyst" position and keep those California connections, though I'm sure Scott has plenty of his own. Obviously that would never happen, but hey that would be pretty awesome right?