Buckeye coming for the OSU game - Game day tips?

Hi Husker fans,

I will be coming to Lincoln for the Ohio State football game.  This will be my first time in Lincoln and I'm greatly looking forward to the trip.  For a visiting fan, what sort of tips can you offer for getting a good Husker's game day experience?  Does the band do any pregame performance?  What about parking?  Since it's a night game, any good restaurants for a lunch?  I was hoping for the volleyball team to have a home game that weekend, but alas, they are away.  Thanks for your help.  

• Plus1 5

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Don't cheer too loudly when OSU goes up 49-0. The Nebraska fans around you might look sad.

At least don't be obnoxious about it. During the 2011 game, there were these 2 really annoying (probably drunk) OSU fans that tried to be as obnoxious as possible. The section I was in made sure to give it back to them 10 fold after the comeback happened.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Branno said:

At least don't be obnoxious about it. During the 2011 game, there were these 2 really annoying (probably drunk) OSU fans that tried to be as obnoxious as possible. The section I was in made sure to give it back to them 10 fold after the comeback happened.

As you should have, but I have to warn you, we now have backup QBs that can complete a pass.

3 hours ago, Branno said:

Yup I’ll agree with this. 2015 Iowa game had an Iowa fan behind me yell quit cheating every time Nebraska had a penalty. It took all of me not to start cussing him out to shut up. 

I'd recommend that you send some properly aged sushi (four days minimum) up to your team quarters the night before the game, ya know, to make sure they have enough strength for the game.  heh heh...

Some else said it best, just walk around south of the stadium in the downtown / haymarket area and you'll have a great time.  The band and drumline does a warm up outside the music center a couple blocks away from the stadium about 45 minutes before kickoff, then leads fans to the stadium.  That is a pretty good experience as well.

Hope you have a safe trip, and thanks for coming to visit.