bo's last season

Just now, huskerfan92 said:

Hiring Mike Riley was a bad move. Firing Bo wasn't. This has been discussed ad nauseam for the last three seasons

Notice I didn't say firing Bo was retarded. I said firing to replace him with a coach that shall remain nameless was retarded. Hence we are still talking about it....which is the answer to your question.

2 hours ago, Red_Payne said:

... and here's a look a Callahan's final schedule results from the '07 season.

Next...

Callahan last.jpg

I was at that Kansas State game when we stomped them. It was glorious. Before the game I turned around to wish some KSUcks fans behind me good luck in the game. One dude said, "Go f*&k yourself" I chuckled and turned around. It was glorious to turn back around towards the end of the game and say, "hey, how's it going?" They just got up and left, they were disgusted! :lol: 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, billdozer15 said:

Notice I didn't say firing Bo was retarded. I said firing to replace him with a coach that shall remain nameless was retarded. Hence we are still talking about it....which is the answer to your question.

You can stop using that word any time now.

Although someone touting a coach who goes out of his way to play a rapist probably wouldn't realize there's anything wrong with it.

• Plus1 4

26 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

Who knows who the next coach will be? They’ll get a mulligan in 2018 because of the schedule and work they have to do and in 2019, the fun begins.

I'm sure you'll judge the next coach fairly, you're a consistent level headed poster who I respect. But it will be funny to hear all of those whom claimed people made all these excuses for Riley making similar excuses for our next coach, whoever that may be.

My thing is the excuses, valid or not, are part of the job that needs to be dealt with as well. It was less about how Bo left the team and more how Riley handled that and the same will go for the next coach. 2018 is a mulligan though I agree and honestly wish we could put a minimum on the next guys time here. Start cycling through coaches every 3 or 4 years and things could go even farther down hill, though I don't think that will happen. 

52 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm sure you'll judge the next coach fairly, you're a consistent level headed poster who I respect. But it will be funny to hear all of those whom claimed people made all these excuses for Riley making similar excuses for our next coach, whoever that may be.

My thing is the excuses, valid or not, are part of the job that needs to be dealt with as well. It was less about how Bo left the team and more how Riley handled that and the same will go for the next coach. 2018 is a mulligan though I agree and honestly wish we could put a minimum on the next guys time here. Start cycling through coaches every 3 or 4 years and things could go even farther down hill, though I don't think that will happen. 

Eh... I wasn't always that way. Of course, I was younger, but I really bought into alot of that in 2004, and 2008. It wasn't until a few years later that I realized that it's just a mechanism that fans use to cope with reality. It happened day 1 that Riley took over, and why I haven't bought into the "toxic culture" talk that's become a catchphrase excuse. Listening to former players and stuff, yeah, there were some issues, but I think the AD/local media really played into it. I think some of it was they felt like they weren't getting good coaching. I mean hell, you had an entire defensive line leave early because the DL coach sucked.

I think the next guy will get more time, especially if you don't tank 2 of your first 3 years. None of the other blue bloods would go for that either.

Bo needed to go, he was a psycho and not a good face for the program on the sideline. He refused to change that from what I remember reading when he was here. Why he keeps getting brought up is beyond me. The folks that didn't want him fired need to get over it. And just for good measure there is zero reason Riley should be here coaching this team. Terrible hire...........

• Plus1 6

People seem to have forgotten that although Bo never won less then 9 games, his 4 losses each year came to teams with a pulse. We did a fantastic job beating up on Illinois, Rutgers, Indiana, etc. But when it came time to playing a team that was remotely decent we lost, if it was against a team that was good we got blown out.