Scott Frost is the next Tom Osborne

jessica0

2 hours ago, Isle of View said:

Bookmarked

I should qualify my statement better.  If we don't go after Frost, the sellout streak ends.  If we go after him and he turns it down, it will probably keep going for at least two more years.

Same prediction people made 10 years ago.  10 years later and mostly sub average results, sellout streak still alive.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Bookmarked

I should qualify my statement better.  If we don't go after Frost, the sellout streak ends.  If we go after him and he turns it down, it will probably keep going for at least two more years.

I hear this from a lot of people but I don’t think it will happen. It’s like the Saltdogs games....people use it as an excuse to get together with friends, have a company picnic, whatever ... not that they don’t still honor those hard working little dogs who trudged from the salt mine to the Lancaster livery stable with their saddlebags filled with salt to provide preservatives for the pioneers on their way to Oregon country, but it’s mostly a social event and status symbol that they wouldn’t want to give up.

Just now, Hayseed said:

I hear this from a lot of people but I don’t think it will happen. It’s like the Saltdogs games....people use it as an excuse to get together with friends, have a company picnic, whatever ... not that they don’t still honor those hard working little dogs who trudged from the salt mine to the Lancaster livery stable with their saddlebags filled with salt to provide preservatives for the pioneers on their way to Oregon country, but it’s mostly a social event and status symbol that they wouldn’t want to give up.

That would be a good argument if I had predicted that no one will go the games.  Ticket pricing, donations, other costs of going to games, are all going up.  And games are easier to watch at home now.  

There is a tipping point where the sellout streak will end.  To believe otherwise is delusional.  Avoiding that tipping point is a good thing.