Racism - It's a real thing.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Also true, but systemic racism has resulted in minorities being in the poorest classes. That's not some historical coincidence.

Agree.

Here is some compelling data that shows decline, for all races, while still pointing out the disparity.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2020/09/poverty-rates-for-blacks-and-hispanics-reached-historic-lows-in-2019.html

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Agree.

Here is some compelling data that shows decline, for all races, while still pointing out the disparity.

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2020/09/poverty-rates-for-blacks-and-hispanics-reached-historic-lows-in-2019.html

Even coming out of poverty doesn't necessarily help in this case as segregated areas have historically bad water systems with more toxins in the water and it's very difficult/expensive to fix.

• Plus1 1

I wonder if Matthew Dowd will lead by example an step back from his reporting gig to give a person of color his platform instead?   I’m sure he would t mind “stepping back”

Just so know, his stepping back consists of running for statewide political office as a white man instead of letting a person of color or female run in his place 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Even coming out of poverty doesn't necessarily help in this case as segregated areas have historically bad water systems with more toxins in the water and it's very difficult/expensive to fix.

And a lot of that stems from the redlining policies from racist real estate agencies. Those issues didn't just stop a while ago. They remain unaddressed to this day all over this country. 

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, so much for freedom of speech.  

So....I'm assuming next they will gather in the town square and burn all the books that have these words?

Kinda like how you can’t refer to a man as a man or women as a women or a mother as a mother.  Getting equally crazy on both sides.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1