Racism - It's a real thing.

8 minutes ago, commando said:

do you deny that actual racists are actually using this sign as a racists gesture?  it started as some sort of joke......but it has taken on a life of its ownm.    it's not the first time something innocent and good has been hijacked by the goons.   

And it won't be the last.  But that shouldn't mean granting them credence because it's the easy thing to do.

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

What interactions have you personally had with it happening? Or specific ones you at least know about?

Other than the guy using it to be funny on TV, this thread is the only place I've seen it used for hate.  So this new "hate symbol" must be a pretty small sample size or I'm just that misinformed.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Other than the guy using it to be funny on TV, this thread is the only place I've seen it used for hate.  So this new "hate symbol" must be a pretty small sample size or I'm just that misinformed.

these guys are either telling us they are ok or they are playing the circle game.  

merlin_145345608_0b503ce3-09af-425b-a637

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
50 minutes ago, commando said:

these guys are either telling us they are ok or they are playing the circle game.  

merlin_145345608_0b503ce3-09af-425b-a637

It might be my computer screen but like half those guys with their hands up are not white...and the dude in the middle, who we would all assume is the hollywood version of a racist is not holding up any sign at all but seems to be wearing some sort of fist shirt.  And the guy on the left looks like he is trying to read a menu from far away.  Oh and one guy is just flexing, one guy is holding his fists together and two guys are doing the devil horns and/or rock on sign.

Also, is that a window AC unit?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, teachercd said:

It might be my computer screen but like half those guys with their hands up are not white...and the dude in the middle, who we would all assume is the hollywood version of a racist is not holding up any sign at all but seems to be wearing some sort of fist shirt.  And the guy on the left looks like he is trying to read a menu from far away.  Oh and one guy is just flexing, one guy is holding his fists together and two guys are doing the devil horns and/or rock on sign.

Also, is that a window AC unit?

are they ok or playing the circle game.  i am asking an expert cause i want to know.  

19 minutes ago, commando said:

are they ok or playing the circle game.  i am asking an expert cause i want to know.  

You probably need to ask someone else, I am not an expert on hand gestures or window AC units.  

But what you are really asking is...are those guys racists.  My guess is, yes, some of them are.