Racism - It's a real thing.

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man I thought we were over this. MAGA hat=support for Donald Trump. Why else would you purchase one? 

People don't purchase Apple products to support Tim Cook or Steve Jobs or the things their company does or stands for. They purchase Apple products because they are the most secure, or fastest, or coolest technology available. Same for Nike. The motovations for buying and using these products is COMPLETELY different from the motivations for buying and wearing a MAGA hat.

Yes it equals support for Donald Trump, but there are all sorts of complicated and separate reasons people might support Donald Trump. Some people wear MAGA hats because they support Trump's racist remarks and owning the libs. Some people support Trump because they think he's going to help them feed their families better. Those people are not guilty of the worst of Trump's rhetoric and actions because they support him as a politician. 

2 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

This is from 2012. How does a school think it's appropriate to let those 4+ young men stay and attend the game? Unspeakably awful judgment on the part of the school.

covington-crazies.jpg?w=842

Well first of all, as you said, it's from 2012. Pre BLM. Pre Ferguson. Pre Trayvon Martin. Pre social consciousness and conversations about things like white privilege.

Also, it's a blackout game. You wear black. As much as you can. For team spirit and fan camaraderie. And you scream at kids inbounding the basketball in front of the student section because that's the whole point of the student section. You can find millions of pictures of this same scenario where either A) the player isn't black or B) the player is black but the students are wearing blue or gold or some s#!t. It's not really any different and I can't possibly see anything racist here. 

50 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Come on, you can do better than that. What inhumane qualities are automatically transferred to the lucky owner of each new hat?

None by default.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes they said both those things!!

Tell me where I said the kids at the march committed voter fraud. Go back and read my post. I said I can tell who you voted for. That doesn't mean I think all underagers who wear maga hats committed voter fraud. It was more like hyperbole. A figure of speech. I in no way meant the kid in question with this whole thing committed voter fraud, and you know that. 

On top of all of this I have been very consistent in saying nothing more than MAGA hat=support for Trump. Nothing more, nothing less

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Yes it equals support for Donald Trump, but there are all sorts of complicated and separate reasons people might support Donald Trump. Some people wear MAGA hats because they support Trump's racist remarks and owning the libs. Some people support Trump because they think he's going to help them feed their families better. Those people are not guilty of the worst of Trump's rhetoric and actions because they support him as a politician. 

Big difference from why a person might use Nike or Apple though. It is a political symbol. Nike and Apple are not.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Tell me where I said the kids at the march committed voter fraud. Go back and read my post. I said I can tell who you voted for. That doesn't mean I think all underagers who wear maga hats committed voter fraud. It was more like hyperbole. A figure of speech. I in no way meant the kid in question with this whole thing committed voter fraud, and you know that. 

On top of all of this I have been very consistent in saying nothing more than MAGA hat=support for Trump. Nothing more, nothing less

Big difference from why a person might use Nike or Apple though. It is a political symbol. Nike and Apple are not.

Oh...so I interpreted a situation incorrectly?  Hmmm. Wonder if that happens a lot ;)

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Today I learned that wearing a MAGA hat is an "injustice" and that 15 and 16 year olds somehow voted.  I also learned that it is super okay to judge people by what they wear and how they look.

No one was making any of these points. The only point being made is that MAGA hats equal support for Trump.

Teach, I want you to read every post I have in this thread and tell me where I've waivered from MAGA Hats= support for trump no more no less, and I don't want to hear about the voter fraud bull. You know what I meant in that post and I've edited it accordingly.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

No one was making any of these points. The only point being made is that MAGA hats equal support for Trump.

This was LITERALLY the quote from RedDenver, pertaining to wearing a MAGA hat and wearing sweatshop clothes : "You're making the argument that all injustices are equivalent, which is obviously not true."

And, well, you were the one that did the voter fraud thing.  You said if you see anyone wearing a MAGA hat you know they voted for them.  Anyone.

Just now, teachercd said:

This was LITERALLY the quote from RedDenver, pertaining to wearing a MAGA hat and wearing sweatshop clothes : "You're making the argument that all injustices are equivalent, which is obviously not true."

And, well, you were the one that did the voter fraud thing.  You said if you see anyone wearing a MAGA hat you know they voted for them.  Anyone.

Seriously quit with the voter fraud bullcrap. What I said was "Wearing a MAGA hat on the other hand immediately tells others who you voted for." so the word anyone isn't in there now is it? I think 'if they are of legal age to vote' is implied but since you took it and ran I edited the post accordingly.

As far as what @RedDenver said, I cannot say what he meant by that but I really don't think he was saying wearing a maga hat is injustice considering that isn't what he actually said.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Seriously quit with the voter fraud bullcrap. What I said was "Wearing a MAGA hat on the other hand immediately tells others who you voted for." so the word anyone isn't in there now is it? I think 'if they are of legal age to vote' is implied but since you took it and ran I edited the post accordingly.

As far as what @RedDenver said, I cannot say what he meant by that but I really don't think he was saying wearing a maga hat is injustice considering that isn't what he actually said.

I will quit with it if you admit that you have no idea who anyone voted for unless they show you a copy of their voting ballot, deal?  

That kid, he didn't get an "edit" or a "redo" so...

I think RedDenver is female actually.  And that is what RD said, soooo.

And lastly, will you admit that you can't judge a book by its cover?

Just now, teachercd said:

I will quit with it if you admit that you have no idea who anyone voted for unless they show you a copy of their voting ballot, deal?  

That kid, he didn't get an "edit" or a "redo" so...

I think RedDenver is female actually.  And that is what RD said, soooo.

Thats ridiculous. I have some idea if you are wearing a MAGA hat, just like I have some idea if you were wearing a Hillary 2016 shirt. The kid kinda did get a redo if you ask me considering the story has been changed about 4 times now. I could care less about him at this point but its clear they were Trump supporters.

My apologies to Red Denver but no they did not say "wearing a maga hat is an injustice" did they? Can you find me that post?