Racism - It's a real thing.

I'm very late to the discussion about the MAGA hat kids and Nathan Phillips and still haven't watched all the videos (probably won't at this point), but from what I've read it sounds like all of the parties failed to handle the situation the best way. These sorts of confrontations can certainly be sensitive, and we all have knee jerk reactions. My initial reaction was similar to any other liberal, and I'll admit my own bias of having a general assumption that any teenager wearing a MAGA hat probably has a-hole parents. But teenagers as a general rule tend to act like little a-holes no matter what (I certainly did). However, I would tend to think that the greater responsibility to take the high road in this case falls on the adult, and it was a missed opportunity by Nathan Phillips to either raise the level of discourse or at least avoid dragging it down further. This was a no-win situation for everyone involved. 

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Well I guess I have no time to learn how to be computer savvy then because Im so busy doing more important things.:lol:

I guess I should clarify, I didn't mean Waldo has no life.  I meant the person who sifted through 5 years worth of tweets to find that.  I know it just takes a quick google search now that its out there, but Im not sure of anyway to search someone's twitter for racist tweets in seconds. 

Yeah, I agree and the person searching is a loser/dork.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I agree and the person searching is a loser/dork.

The interesting thing to me is when people do this, it appears they are saying because they did X, they deserved Y.

So in this case, lets assume the MAGAteens were being disrespectful towards these women.  So they post the video of it.  And then someone pulls up tweets the girl posted whenever and makes it seem like because she has used the N word frequently, she deserved to be harassed.

It's just dumb logic.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The interesting thing to me is when people do this, it appears they are saying because they did X, they deserved Y.

So in this case, lets assume the MAGAteens were being disrespectful towards these women.  So they post the video of it.  And then someone pulls up tweets the girl posted whenever and makes it seem like because she has used the N word frequently, she deserved to be harassed.

It's just dumb logic.

Ha!  No s#!t!  Like the people yelling at her knew about her tweets from 5 years ago.  

It is all so stupid

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

His child molestation monologue bit on SNL was hilarious

It wasn't hilarious

Louis CK made it clear in many, many of his stand up bits that he masturbated too much. 

Remember when Larry David used his SNL monologue to make a joke about hitting on women at Auschwitz? That was also more daring than it was hilarious.