Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

Holgorsen is another version of Leach.  If your going to get a version, you might as well buy the original.  RichRod couldn't get the his spread to take at Michigan and compete against the Big 10 heavies.  We should learn from our mistakes as well as others who tried similiar paths and failed.  Richrod is not a great coach, but has had some success while at all his stops other than Michigan.  B1G recruiting is way different than most other conferences.  Weather is a factor.  SEC. Big 12, ACC, and Pac 12 all have more consistent climate ranges than the east coast and upper midwest.  Even though I don't think the climate is that big of a deal, the football does when its freezing and you can't catch the darn thing because you can't feel your fingers.

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Posted all of the historical data for P5 coaching changes in another thread. Based on that data I see the realistic options as Scott Frost, Chip Kelly, and Matt Campbell. I would be fine with any of those 3. 

mark-mangino.jpg

Mangino ate Chip Kelly. He is our only hope.

Edited by BillMoos
14 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Holgorsen is another version of Leach.  If your going to get a version, you might as well buy the original.  RichRod couldn't get the his spread to take at Michigan and compete against the Big 10 heavies.  We should learn from our mistakes as well as others who tried similiar paths and failed.  Richrod is not a great coach, but has had some success while at all his stops other than Michigan.  B1G recruiting is way different than most other conferences.  Weather is a factor.  SEC. Big 12, ACC, and Pac 12 all have more consistent climate ranges than the east coast and upper midwest.  Even though I don't think the climate is that big of a deal, the football does when its freezing and you can't catch the darn thing because you can't feel your fingers.

The more I look into Holgorsen, you're right.  When the air raid goes belly up in November at least Leach would be entertaining.

3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

The more I look into Holgorsen, you're right.  When the air raid goes belly up in November at least Leach would be entertaining.

Dont get me wrong, either one of these two would win games.  I don't know that they would win anymore than what Pelini did however.  I think we would beat Northwestern, Iowa, Purdue and Minny with either Holgorsen or Leach, but I also think that Wisky and Ohio St would still paid us.  9 wins is the limit for these guys in this conference.

Because Kelly stated he wants to return to coaching in CFB. I haven't seen him in a booth giving commentary either. This isn't the same as Jon Gruden at all.

Also, I don't think he is a realistic choice. He's probably licking his chops at UCLA. It's a perfect fit for him when you think about it. The best programs today it seems to me, are the ones that find the right fit for their head coach and football program.

Edited by FTW
3 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

In 2014, I thought we hired Mike Gundy. I've always liked him... Except that mullet. He's a guy that I didn't think would be at Oklahoma State for as long as he has but, it's his alma mater. We need our Gundy!

admittedly, I am on the SF bandwagon big time (and have been for 3 years), but Fuentes would also be a great option.  However, I highly doubt he leaves Tech for Huskers.  I live in VA and they love him here. Great fan support, good tradition, and a legit P5 team.  We will know here soon enough I suppose

Edited by Enhance
Moved here to a more appropriate thread.
  • Plus1 1