Purdue is a night game....

Saunders

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I have to hand it to Mike Riley and his below average gang of clueless coaches...one thing he has been able to do very well is break the will and spirits of the Husker fans where our new standard for success is to hopefully make a bowl game...makes me wish there was a toilet bowl where we can play Tennessee and get our arses handed to us again...when will this nightmare be over? 

That was mean-spirited. 

19 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That was mean-spirited. 

I am not trying to be mean at all...please tell me what three games you think we can win? After seeing Penn State dismantle the best defense in FBS to the tune of 42 points in happy valley, what do you think they will do to us to State a claim for the playoffs? Are you counting on us beating Northwestern? I am just curious how you think we will get to a bowl and why you think we actually deserve to play in one. I do not want my team to be embarrassed anymore. Is that too much to ask? Keep in mind that we are the fourth winningest team in FBS. THANKS TO TOM OSBORNE’s teams.

Edited by huskerfan74
16 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am not trying to be mean at all...please tell me what three games you think we can win? After seeing Penn State dismantle the best defense in FBS to the tune of 42 points in happy valley, what do you think they will do to us to State a claim for the playoffs? Are you counting on us beating Northwestern? I am just curious how you think we will get to a bowl and why you think we actually deserve to play in one. I do not want my team to be embarrassed anymore. Is that too much to ask? Keep in mind that we are the fourth winningest team in FBS. THANKS TO TOM OSBORNE’s teams.

Trying to be positive....we might beat Purdue, Northwestern, and Minnesota. Earlier I had predicted 5-7. Now that I see people have over-rated sucky Purdue, I think it's possible to pull it together and beat them. It's also possible we'll lose them all. 
I think we might get to a bowl if we're 6-6. If we reach 6-6 the rules say you deserve to play in one. You also mentioned playing in the Toilet Bowl....which seems kind of mean spirited. 

32 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Trying to be positive....we might beat Purdue, Northwestern, and Minnesota. Earlier I had predicted 5-7. Now that I see people have over-rated sucky Purdue, I think it's possible to pull it together and beat them. It's also possible we'll lose them all. 
I think we might get to a bowl if we're 6-6. If we reach 6-6 the rules say you deserve to play in one. You also mentioned playing in the Toilet Bowl....which seems kind of mean spirited. 

I really hope you are right...I guess we will see next week.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Northwestern beat Iowa in overtime.  I would say the odds are very good we lose to Northwestern, Purdue and (of course) PSU.  May also lose to Minnesota as bad as that is....

Us getting to a bowl is total dreamland at this point.  It could happen but it is <10% chance.

4 minutes ago, neepster said:

Northwestern beat Iowa in overtime.  I would say the odds are very good we lose to Northwestern, Purdue and (of course) PSU.  May also lose to Minnesota as bad as that is....

Us getting to a bowl is total dreamland at this point.  It could happen but it is <10% chance.

PSU is going to kill us but the rest is doable. After Wiscy the west is mired in mediocrity and sub-mediocrity. Purdue is just not very good, neither is Minn.  Now that Lee is taking care of the ball we should be able to beat both. That leaves having to beat one of the two average teams in NW or Iowa and we get both of those at home. I'd be surprised if we get it together enough to make 7-5 but we have a decent chance at 6-6. Not that I think 6-6 should save Riley.