** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not really worried about Vegas odds on coaching hires.  It's not like games where you can run stats to get a baseline. 

All they're doing is trying to balance out the incoming bets.  So a lot of people are betting on Frost an thus the line is moving.  But that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the real world.

It could be right.  But it doesn't have to be.

This is a good point Mav.

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

Totally understand. But last night Frost was +700, far behind Mullen.... and within 12 hours he's even and the easy favorite. That kind of jump doesn't just happen when Vegas has money in the game. Obviously not a sure thing though as pointed out with Riley.

But I'd still go with Mullen/Norvell.

If they really know something they pull it. That's when you get scared.

• Plus1 4
17 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Or not. No offense but they had Purdue a 6 point favorite over us-right?  

Yes. But you obviously don't follow sportslines regularly if that's your basis for thinking they are wrong.... and I don't mean that as an insult by any means, good for you if stay away from it. However, anyone who follows lines/bets knows Vegas is pretty damn good... that's why they are still in business. 

Just now, Warrior10 said:

Yes. But you obviously don't follow sportslines regularly if that's your basis for thinking they are wrong.... and I don't mean that as an insult by any means, good for you if stay away from it. However, anyone who follows lines/bets knows Vegas is pretty damn good... that's why they are still in business. 

You are so right! I know nothing about Vegas or gambling. I personally don’t like what all of this gambling has done to college sports. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Yes, they are good at protecting their money by moving the lines to favor them. See Mav's post. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Igetbored216 said:

Yes, they are good at protecting their money by moving the lines to favor them. See Mav's post. 

Admittedly, I follow game lines much more than prop bets, and to see a game line swing that fast means something big happened. After what Mav pointed out and thinking about it I could see the bigger swings in prop bets being fairly common. Some of my worry is faded.

Edited by Warrior10

While I have no idea who will be Florida's next coach, I did read the other day that when Mullen was at Florida he didn't exactly get along with the administration.  I also read that the general assumption is that Florida will not go after another coach that isn't coaching a power 5 already which throws out both Frost and Norvell.  The name this article kept dropping was Chip Kelly.

Just now, junior4949 said:

While I have no idea who will be Florida's next coach, I did read the other day that when Mullen was at Florida he didn't exactly get along with the administration.  I also read that the general assumption is that Florida will not go after another coach that isn't coaching a power 5 already which throws out both Frost and Norvell.  The name this article kept dropping was Chip Kelly.

An article I read, says things are a little better in administration now with Mullen, in large part to the fact that he can develop QB's and no one else they can find has.