** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Hilltop said:

The only comments I am aware of have been when questioned specifically about Scott.  

Yes and most of the time people in those positions say statements like "its not appropriate to comment on other coaches at this time, we have a head football coach". But they not only comment but talk in admiration of him. 

1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Nate Clouse said he’s been told that Moos could throw a curve ball and go a different direction from Frost.  He has heard that Chip Kelly and Mike Leach will be considered.

Where did he say this or what is the quote?

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yes and most of the time people in those positions say statements like "its not appropriate to comment on other coaches at this time, we have a head football coach". But they not only comment but talk in admiration of him. 

If he weren't an alum and former player then I think you would have a stronger case. But, given he is all of those things and a Nebraska native, his accomplishments are newsworthy. Granted, the line is blurred now that a large portion of the fan base wants him here as the next coach, but there's no easy way to walk that line.

I don't have a problem with any of their responses they've given about Scott, personally. They've never organically brought him up and they (mostly) give generic, deflective answers about the work he's done.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Moos understands the need to run the ball in this conference. I just cant see him even entertaining ML to Nebraska. 

This is the same conference that has Urban Meyer, and once had Drew Brees. For all the continual talk about running the ball in the BIG TEN, it's not exactly good at it. Only Ohio St, and it's not exactly two tights pound you in the face offense, is in the top 20 in ypc this year. Wisconsin makes for only the second in the top 30, and Michigan makes for only 3 in the top 40. Last year only had 1 team in the Top 46, Ohio St.

Meanwhile, every year this conference has about a half dozen offenses ranked 100 or below in one or more major offensive categories. 

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

If he weren't an alum and former player then I think you would have a stronger case. But, given he is all of those things and a Nebraska native, his accomplishments are newsworthy. Granted, the line is blurred now that a large portion of the fan base wants him here as the next coach, but there's no easy way to walk that line.

I don't have a problem with any of their responses they've given about Scott, personally. They've never organically brought him up and they (mostly) give generic, deflective answers about the work he's done.

Thats a fair assessment. If I remember correctly, you are one of the posters who has a source that they are negotiating with Frost right now? Or am I mis spoken? Given that perhaps they are negotiating with him it just makes me think they comment in more detail for a good reason perhaps. But I do respect your analysis above.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

UCF's QB commit is going to be flipping to Michigan Sate. So Frost will need to bring someone else to be the dual QB when he becomes the next coach. There is a good one in KS he should try to flip away from North Carolina.

Maybe a chance to flip his former commit from MSU if he likes Frost but just wanted a big time school, if he comes here. ;)

10 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

UCF's QB commit is going to be flipping to Michigan Sate. So Frost will need to bring someone else to be the dual QB when he becomes the next coach. There is a good one in KS he should try to flip away from North Carolina.

Iowa Western's starting QB will be going back to FBS next year.  He was recruited by Frost at Oregon but went to Texas before transferring to Iowa Western.  He currently said he is headed to Marshall next year.  

59 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Leach would be horrible fit. Kelly would probably put a good product on the field but I dont think he would bring stability to the program. He would bolt for a top west coast job or another shot at the league if he gets a chance. Frost can do the same things on offense Kelly can- the difference is he would be committed to Nebraska. And he is a young guy in his early 40's so he could bring stability to the program for the next 20-30 years like osborne did. 

I don't disagree that Kelly may leave for a West Coast job if one comes up, but I doubt he tries to get back into the league anytime soon after failing. He'd also have to weigh whether a west coast program is in a better position financially, support, and facilities wise to make it the right decision to leave a program like Nebraska.