** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Why would TO be involved at all?  I could see TO and Scott having a personal relationship- I think Tom probably loves to stay in contact with his old players and probably does talk with Scott from time to time but I do not see the University using Tom as a salesman.  

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Tom isn't such a saint that'll he'll answer every question asked of him honestly, just to avoid lying:facepalm:

Probably right but it depends on the situation.  I think it's more likely that he would answer a question honestly rather than lie, in general.  I don't' know Red's uncle but unless he was severely pestering TO, I think he would have responded that he probably shouldn't talk about it and that would be an answer that Red's uncle would accept and end further discussion.  I don't see a reason for TO to lie.  Maybe RedNebraskan can give some info about his uncle and how well he knows TO.

Pretty calm day for the most part. Not nearly as many media pushing the idea of Scott Frost to UF like it was last week and earlier in the week. Mostly Florida fans are trying to deflect about today's news of their top 3 targets. Whether they hiring any of those 3 is up to them and those coaches, but it is pretty clear that this whole Frost to UF close to a done deal crap was never reality. It was hyped up fake news generated by wishful Florida fans and media. 

Basically it is looking like TN isn't a serious threat right now for Scott Frost. They are after Gruden and after that they have Mullen and Mullen is getting pushed hard by his agent to TN. Is that are hire that I think would take TN back to the top? No, but most hires don't end up taking you to the top. 

If Scott Frost does become head coach at Nebraska, the things that I would like to see in the first year is more physical play, a better run game, making WI pass the ball, and forcing Ohio State to punt the ball. I wouldn't bother looking at the record, just the changes in play. Year 2 is when you see the results explode on the field. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, RedNebraskan said:

This is a copy of the text I just received from my uncle about his talk with Tom Osborne today in North Platte:

He doesn’t know if Riley will be let go or not. He doesn’t know if Scott Frost would be interested in taking the job if it were offered to him. He just said he spent some time with him at a few of their practices down in Florida this past August and he was very impressed with the way he worked as a coach and in the way he communicated with his players. Not much of any useful information, sorry to say

Its a little bit of inside information at least.

Thanks for sharing RedNebraskan. It was refreshing to read something about Scott from just regular folks.  

2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Speaking of Osbourne, if Riley is let go before the Huskers stumble into a A Bowl. Any chance he would"coach" one last game? There may not be a crazier ending to this thing than Dr. Tom coaching the Huskers at Yankee Stadium. 

Leave the man be....

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Pretty calm day for the most part. Not nearly as many media pushing the idea of Scott Frost to UF like it was last week and earlier in the week. Mostly Florida fans are trying to deflect about today's news of their top 3 targets. Whether they hiring any of those 3 is up to them and those coaches, but it is pretty clear that this whole Frost to UF close to a done deal crap was never reality. It was hyped up fake news generated by wishful Florida fans and media. 

Basically it is looking like TN isn't a serious threat right now for Scott Frost. They are after Gruden and after that they have Mullen and Mullen is getting pushed hard by his agent to TN. Is that are hire that I think would take TN back to the top? No, but most hires don't end up taking you to the top. 

If Scott Frost does become head coach at Nebraska, the things that I would like to see in the first year is more physical play, a better run game, making WI pass the ball, and forcing Ohio State to punt the ball. I wouldn't bother looking at the record, just the changes in play. Year 2 is when you see the results explode on the field. 

For me the first order of the day, when Scott begins coaching at Nebraska, (I'm forever the optimist!) is to teach these young men some discipline.  Then teach them the basics.  I so miss clean, tough football. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Speaking of Osbourne, if Riley is let go before the Huskers stumble into a A Bowl. Any chance he would"coach" one last game? There may not be a crazier ending to this thing than Dr. Tom coaching the Huskers at Yankee Stadium. 

Well why stop at Tom. Bring Solich back too as OC. McBride as DC.  Jason peter and Tommie Frazier could play in the game. tenor.gif?itemid=4917299

1 hour ago, FlipPhone said:

Nah - i dont think it was.  Just that it's the most believable/credible thing we've heard from an "insider".

Just because I feel like being snarky (not really directed at you Flip):

It's not really insider information. For starters, very few people know if Riley is going to be let go and I doubt TO is one of them. If he is he wouldn't tell.

Second, even if TO knew what Scott was going to do (which he might), he wouldn't tell. He's played this game long enough to know better.

Third, it's common knowledge TO was down there earlier this year. UCF interviewed him and blasted it all over their social media pages. I, too, thought the comment was sarcastic because there really isn't anything we can objectively consider 'insider' about it. I think anyone of us could've asked TO this in passing and received the same response.

38 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

If they have to, they will.

What makes anyone believe Tom would agree to be a salesman for this in regards to Scott? I'd stay out of this whole thing, personally. He's like a father figure to Scott. Seems risky to put that on the line to go down and pitch the program to him.

Besides, this isn't and shouldn't be Tom's responsibility anymore. This program needs to figure out how to do things without him.

• Plus1 1