** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Yeah. Sorry a guy that could have coached at Florida, FSU, Oregon, Tennessee or pretty much any other opening besides UCLA is not an enormous risk. He was literally the most sought after coach this current cycle 

It’s a bigger risk to get anyone but frost. This is what the team, university, and state needs. Timing is everything, and we are lucky everything worked out perfectly. Everything happens for a reason, and these last two decades is going to make the comeback that more glorious. GBR. 

LETS GOOOOOO

• Plus1 1

How can people keep using the argument that you shouldn't criticize fan base for not showing up to important games because they're too busy, or have too many area teams, or traffic is hard, or whatever. 

All they're doing is agreeing and giving the reasons their fan bases are bad.  They'd rather go to Disney for the umpteenth time instead of a home game between ranked teams or they're fans of other teams and the college team is not important.

It's a home conference championship game in a 45,000 seat stadium and I'm sure Memphis got some tickets.

They arent a very good fan base if they don't show up to support an undefeated team playing a home conference championship game.

It looks like more people showed up after the first quarter. Maybe they finished getting their hair done.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

That is just crazy talk.  He was the Top candidate on every major program needing a coach.

...He is not an enormous risk.

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Yeah. Sorry a guy that could have coached at Florida, FSU, Oregon, Tennessee or pretty much any other opening besides UCLA is not an enormous risk. He was literally the most sought after coach this current cycle 

Every coaching hire other than Nick Saban and Urban Meyer is a big risk. It's all about making the best guess you can and being comfortable with what you gamble.

Charlie Strong was wanted by everybody.

P.J. Fleck was wanted by everybody.

Jim McElwain was wanted by everybody.

Bret Bielema was getting elite results at Wisconsin.

Tom Herman was wanted by everybody.

Kevn Sumlin was wanted by everybody.

There are plenty of other examples, but reality is that all coaching hires are gambles, and coaching hires from G5 schools even more so. What big time splash hires from G5 schools in the last 10 years have won championships? Can you tell me? 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, The Strain Is Real said:

The last few months have left me strained,  disinterested and burned out.   This past 2 weeks have been tranquil and brought a renewed sense of hope.    I'm excited to see it all play out.

I may be wrong, let me know if I am, but I suspicion you *maybe* saw the strain.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

We've discussed that scenario quite a bit and most of the serious fans have a list of ten other coaches who would be acceptable.

I only had seven :(

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

He's just keeping it real. The overzealousness we're seeing now is the same as when Pelini was hired. Anti-social media is what it is. That's why we need good leaders to come out and tell the fans how it's gonna be and not let the mob mentality build up steam. I have every expectation that Frost will get the job done but doubt it will happen overnight. I think some simple fans expect instant gratification that they won't get. As long as the serious football fans see that the things being done make sense, Frost won't have to worry about the mob.

On another subject, I haven't seen most of these people discussing football during the regular season.....do they just jump on to post memes for coach hires?

Another thing...."Are you trolling?"....Are you the third round of JessicaO?

Some of us changed our names as well.

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Those are some mighty sexy guns he has.

With that farmer’s tan, I don’t know how there any fans who think he’s not right for Nebraska.

Edited by Edison's Enemy

9 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

How can people keep using the argument that you shouldn't criticize fan base for not showing up to important games because they're too busy, or have too many area teams, or traffic is hard, or whatever. 

All they're doing is agreeing and giving the reasons their fan bases are bad.  They'd rather go to Disney for the umpteenth time instead of a home game between ranked teams or they're fans of other teams and the college team is not important.

It's a home conference championship game in a 45,000 seat stadium and I'm sure Memphis got some tickets.

They arent a very good fan base if they don't show up to support an undefeated team playing a home conference championship game.

It looks like more people showed up after the first quarter. Maybe they finished getting their hair done.

Hey, for some of us, that humidity wreaks havoc on our hair. You would not believe the fro I get with my chest hair; I have to bump up a couple t-shirt sizes!

29 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This makes zero sense.

Iowa State has 30,000 undergrads in a town of 60,000 people, with no pro sports teams of any kind, no major tourist attractions, no huge transportation hub, and no ocean. They're the only show in town, in a small town.

UCF has 50,000 undergrads in a city of 2.5 million people, five pro teams within two hours, Disney, Universal Studios, Sea World, a million EDM festivals, the freaking ocean, etc., and they only averaged about 15k less people than Iowa State did.

If you had a point, then other Florida sports teams not in college towns wouldn't struggle with attendance numbers. But you don't, because the struggle for attendance is not something unique to UCF or their fanbase, but to urban Florida sports fans across the board.

Do those pro teams play on Saturday the same time as UCF? No. All those other things are excuses. Those places and activities are available 365 days of the year. There is what 12 games a year UCF plays? That's like saying man Nebraska can't fill their stadium cause omaha has a great zoo. Excuse!!! Or it's pheasant season. Either you have a quality fan base or not. If they want to become a P5 team they need to act like one. 

All they need is 1.8% of the population to show up to fill their stadium. Keep in mind this whole discussion is based around UCF saying frost should stay and a few on this board are saying why if you can't even fill a small stadium. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Do those pro teams play on Saturday the same time as UCF? No. All those other things are excuses. Those places and activities are available 365 days of the year. There is what 12 games a year UCF plays? That's like saying man Nebraska can't fill their stadium cause omaha has a great zoo. Excuse!!! Or it's pheasant season. Either you have a quality fan base or not. If they want to become a P5 team they need to act like one. 

All they need is 1.8% of the population to show up to fill their stadium. Keep in mind this whole discussion is based around UCF saying frost should stay and a few on this board are saying why if you can't even fill a small stadium. 

There's a reason that all Florida city sports teams struggle with attendance, and why Nebraska is the only school in the country to get 8,000 people to volleyball games. The reason isn't because their fans suck and we are the best, or their programs suck or they're bad people or anything like that. If you can't figure out what the reason is, then that's on you.

Edited by Landlord