** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

33 minutes ago, fire mike said:

So you’re telling me it’s just by chance that he’s wearing a Nebraska shirt to a UCF game and it has nothing to do with the fact that we’re about to take their head coach? I’m sure the guy has a million different polos / shirts in his closet. It’s very unbecoming and a slap in the face to the fans there rooting for UCF. 

I’m sure everyone who goes to the Super Bowl should be a fan of the teams playing. If they’re wearing their team’s colors, it’s disrespectful to the participants.

4 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Either one of these teams would destroy the Nebraska D. 

Who is the winner projected to play in the Peach Bowl?  Hopefully another top 25 team.

No kidding - we let Minnesota score their last 50+ points of their season, and they were terrible.  Can't even think about the score vs one of these two teams.

Projected winner -- I think the loser of the Wisconsin/OSU game is one prediction i saw, but guess we'll find out tomorrow for sure.

Just now, Edison's Enemy said:

I’m sure everyone who goes to the Super Bowl should be a fan of the teams playing. If they’re wearing their team’s colors, it’s disrespectful to the participants.

That’s a completely different situation. If you don’t understand why, you’re being dense.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Landlord said:

There's a reason that all Florida city sports teams struggle with attendance, and why Nebraska is the only school in the country to get 8,000 people to volleyball games. The reason isn't because their fans suck and we are the best, or their programs suck or they're bad people or anything like that. If you can't figure out what the reason is, then that's on you.

I lived in Miami for 5 years....UM never sold out.........UCF never sold out.........Locals don't flock to Disney, Epcot, Universal on the weekends.  The tourists do.  The locals know to avoid the crowds......It's not the amount of other things to do....For whatever reason, they don't show up.  There are a lot of other teams to root for in Florida on Sat...Just of the top you have FSU, UF, MIA, UCF, USF, FIU, FAU......So yes, the local base is divided, but with the large student body UCF has, no reason they shouldn't be able to sell out.....

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I lived in Miami for 5 years....UM never sold out.........UCF never sold out.........Locals don't flock to Disney, Epcot, Universal on the weekends.  The tourists do.  The locals know to avoid the crowds......It's not the amount of other things to do....For whatever reason, they don't show up.  There are a lot of other teams to root for in Florida on Sat...Just of the top you have FSU, UF, MIA, UCF, USF, FIU, FAU......So yes, the local base is divided, but with the large student body UCF has, no reason they shouldn't be able to sell out.....

Lo for the win.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's why I said earlier, today should be about UCF. If they win, give them some time to enjoy it and celebrate. There doesn't need to be any rush to announce him as our coach. It can wait till tomorrow.

They already know. Everybody does. 

It doesn't matter to me when it's announced, but the formal announcement of something they already know isn't good night to hurt them. 

52 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Perhaps....lets pray Chinander is staying in Orlando.

Yikes!  No kidding.  I've been busy this morning and just caught the game at around 12:30.  Wow.  UCF defense is not very good.  Missed tackles!  That's what Nebraska has struggled with for 3 years!  Well, who knows.  Maybe Scott will have Chinander sit at the feet of Charlie McBride for a bit (just as a consult-Charlie would love that!) to learn what it means to be a Blackshirt!?  Although, I'm watching tv now and they look better-have sacked the Memphis quarterback!  Their offense is pretty good.  I'll confess, I'm nervous about Chinander. :(  (Love the hustle and play of that one player who is missing his hand-Wow!  That kid is fun to watch. He just tackles with his whole body!)